No News Coverage???? | GTAMotorcycle.com

No News Coverage????

parillaguy

It is unfortunate that the Canadian news agencies, newspapers and TV completely ignore motorcycle racing. We hear endlessly about the stick and ball games and about crashes in NASCAR. Jordan Szoke wins the CSBK National Superbike Championship and even his local newspaper (Hamilton Spectator) ignores this accomplishment. Sad no? So I have included the email for their sports editor. Please email this stick and ball guy and ask him to acknowledge their local National Champion. Maybe they will say something nice about motorcycles instead of only covering local motorcycle street bike crashes. Thanks for helping. Parillaguy :angry4:
[email]tmunroe@thespec.com
[/EMAIL]

It would definitely be nice to see some two wheeled motor sports in the news but it just seems like most Canadians don't care about motor sports in general. Unfortunate.

Also the National Amateur Champion is GTAM's own Derrick White (Dricked) from Oshawa (Or near by at least)
It is unfortunate that the Canadian news agencies, newspapers and TV completely ignore motorcycle racing. We hear endlessly about the stick and ball games and about crashes in NASCAR. Jordan Szoke wins the CSBK National Superbike Championship and even his local newspaper (Hamilton Spectator) ignores this accomplishment. Sad no? So I have included the email for their sports editor. Please email this stick and ball guy and ask him to acknowledge their local National Champion. Maybe they will say something nice about motorcycles instead of only covering local motorcycle street bike crashes. Thanks for helping. Parillaguy :angry4:
tmunroe@thespec.com

It would be interesting to know whether CSBK issued a news release after the race. There is not enough interest in Canada for motorcycle racing to warrant reporters attending the event. The newspapers might pick up the story if it is already written for them.

Also the National Amateur Champion is GTAM's own Derrick WhYte (Dricked) from Oshawa (Or near by at least)

Thanks!!

Funny, our races never get covered. There isn't even a picture from it on the CSBK website.

Yea I was also surprised that there wasn't even some kind of editorial comment when I saw that link. You know, not like there is any effort involved in winning a national that is worth mentioning.

Lol that picture kills me! I meant of us on track and our standings get posted but nothing about the race itself.

Who reads news papers tho?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
...people that spell 'tho' 'though'? ?

Looking forward to reading a write up in next month's Motorcycle News.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Yea I was also surprised that there wasn't even some kind of editorial comment when I saw that link. You know, not like there is any effort involved in winning a national that is worth mentioning.

You just sit on the bike and turn the throttle, how hard can it be?

It's not just motorcycle racing. Canadia doesn't give a damn if it's not stick puck. The lack of support for Olympic level athletes in any other sport is deplorable. Nascar.... *snicker* I won't even start about that crap.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but can anyone tell me what do they mean by their data package and electronics were working? What's a data package and what electronics are they referring to?
"But this is the first weekend we've had our data package working and we have the electronics working beautifully. It's a great win for sure."

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2015/07/12/szoke-continues-to-pile-up-victories

It's not just motorcycle racing. Canadia doesn't give a damn if it's not stick puck. The lack of support for Olympic level athletes in any other sport is deplorable. Nascar.... *snicker* I won't even start about that crap.
Agreed!
Canada doesn't like participating in international events, they're caught in their own bubble of local sports

Sorry, a bit off topic, but can anyone tell me what do they mean by their data package and electronics were working? What's a data package and what electronics are they referring to?

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2015/07/12/szoke-continues-to-pile-up-victories

They use data acquisition to help make accurate setup changes with the limited track time. Their electronics would be any mechanical parts controlled by the ecu ie the throttle bodies, injectors, traction control etc.

No one gives two ***** about motorsports here, let alone CSBK or Szoke...That guy has been winning just about every year and 99% of the population still has no idea who the hell he is.

I don't know why he doesn't just race on the international level and actually challenge himself. This is entirely speculation but at Shannonville once during a trackday he was there doing practice runs while we were off for lunch, I overheard some guys talking about him having a criminal record and not being allowed in the US or some bs like that. Whether its true or not I have no idea, but it would make sense as to why he isn't racing at a level higher than CSBK.

He is racing the final round of MotoAmerica In New Jersey, people like to talk a lot of crap.
No one gives two ***** about motorsports here, let alone CSBK or Szoke...That guy has been winning just about every year and 99% of the population still has no idea who the hell he is.

I don't know why he doesn't just race on the international level and actually challenge himself. This is entirely speculation but at Shannonville once during a trackday he was there doing practice runs while we were off for lunch, I overheard some guys talking about him having a criminal record and not being allowed in the US or some bs like that. Whether its true or not I have no idea, but it would make sense as to why he isn't racing at a level higher than CSBK.

Back
Top Bottom