How to turn a red light ticket into a criminal record | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to turn a red light ticket into a criminal record

griff2

Banned
H.T.A. violation leads to criminal charges
On August 15, 2015 at 6:42 p.m., the Guelph Police observed a motorcycle drive through a red light at Gordon Street and College Avenue. Police attempted to conduct a traffic stop but the rider refused to stop. The bike finally stopped for a red light at Wellington Street and Wyndham Street where the officer approached on foot. The rider again tried to flee but the officer was able to stop him. A struggle ensued as the rider was arrested.
Derek Grady, 32 years of Guelph has been charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police and resist arrest. He was also charged under the Highway Traffic Act with red light – fail to stop. He will appear in court on September 29, 2015.

And another rider (sort of) runs a red light and also faces criminal charges.

E-bike rider charged in Aug. 1 crash on Fairview Street

Hamilton SpectatorBURLINGTON — A man seriously hurt in a collision while riding an e-bike through a red light on Aug. 1 is facing a number of charges.
The man was charged Wednesday by Halton police in connection with the afternoon crash on Fairview Street, near the Burlington Mall.
Police said the man was operating an e-bike that collided with an SUV turning into the parking lot beside the Canadian Tire store. The man received serious internal and head injuries when he rolled off the bike and was stopped by a car leaving the parking lot.
He was taken by ambulance to Hamilton General Hospital in serious condition and, due to his head injuries, the incident was investigated by the Collision Reconstruction Unit.
Edward Lee, 40, of Burlington, faces the criminal charge of driving while disqualified. He has also been charged with careless driving, failing to stop at a red light and failing to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. Those offences are under the Highway Traffic Act.

Good to both. 2 less idiots on the road. The second is more proof e bikes shouldn't be allowed on the road unless insured and plated and you have a license just like anything else.

Good to both. 2 less idiots on the road. The second is more proof e bikes shouldn't be allowed on the road unless insured and plated and you have a license just like anything else.

Who pays for the damage to the cars in this instance? I fully agree e-bikes should be fully registered and insured.

On on the fence about bicycles being insured but they've also caused damage to cars and I don't think the driver should be at fault for these *** wipes mess.

Insurance views it the same as being in a collision with an uninsured vehicle. They cover your damages, (although your still on the hook for the deductible). They then go after the other party. If you were deemed not at fault and they do recover monies, then your reimbursed your deductible.

Who pays for the damage to the cars in this instance? I fully agree e-bikes should be fully registered and insured.

On on the fence about bicycles being insured but they've also caused damage to cars and I don't think the driver should be at fault for these *** wipes mess.

I have to think the Guelph dolt had something else already (stolen bike, warrants etc) that made him attempt to run and resist.

I have to think the Guelph dolt had something else already (stolen bike, warrants etc) that made him attempt to run and resist.

Maybe he just took the wise advice dispensed here at GTAM to run first then consider the consequences later..lol At least he avoided the automatic s172, charge.

He, obviously, was not entitled enough or he just lacked the mad skillz to get away. GTAM advice sill applies. Move along, nothing to see here...

On the other hand, why would he stop at the 2nd red light? Seriously, what is up with the runners of today?

Maybe he just took the wise advice dispensed here at GTAM to run first then consider the consequences later..lol At least he avoided the automatic s172, charge.

He, obviously, was not entitled enough or he just lacked the mad skillz to get away. GTAM advice sill applies. Move along, nothing to see here...

On the other hand, why would he stop at the 2nd red light? Seriously, what is up with the runners of today?
That's what I was wondering....1 run red light limit?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

..... He has also been charged with careless driving, failing to stop at a red light and failing to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. Those offences are under the Highway Traffic Act.

How does the careless stick if he has no license? Also how does the helmet charge work? How is it considered a motorcycle? Are the leally obligated to wear a helmet? So how does the wearing a motorcycle helmet (DOT) vs. bicycle helmet work?

The burlington guy was driving while disqualified, if ins. And plate were mandatory it would not have changed anything. He is now brain ****ed so probably won't be on the road again. Perhaps you should lead a group ride so we can all see where it is ok to break the law and where its not. I won't be happy until our freedom is restricted to the level of saudi arabia.

Hamilton SpectatorBURLINGTON — A man seriously hurt in a collision while riding an e-bike through a red light on Aug. 1 is facing a number of charges.
The man was charged Wednesday by Halton police in connection with the afternoon crash on Fairview Street, near the Burlington Mall.
Police said the man was operating an e-bike that collided with an SUV turning into the parking lot beside the Canadian Tire store. The man received serious internal and head injuries when he rolled off the bike and was stopped by a car leaving the parking lot.
He was taken by ambulance to Hamilton General Hospital in serious condition and, due to his head injuries, the incident was investigated by the Collision Reconstruction Unit.
Edward Lee, 40, of Burlington, faces the criminal charge of driving while disqualified. He has also been charged with careless driving, failing to stop at a red light and failing to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. Those offences are under the Highway Traffic Act.

This one doesn't make sense to me. Ebikes are not motorcycles and if his is considered one, for whatever reason, there should be more charges.

The burlington guy was driving while disqualified, if ins. And plate were mandatory it would not have changed anything. He is now brain ****ed so probably won't be on the road again. Perhaps you should lead a group ride so we can all see where it is ok to break the law and where its not. I won't be happy until our freedom is restricted to the level of saudi arabia.

Not sure how requiring a "vehicle" being operated on a highway to have a licenced driver who has insurance to protect themselves and others, along with a plate, (to properly identify the vehicle). Is an errosion of our "freedom". Personally I am willing to surrender that "freedom" so I, (my family and the health care system), don't get screwed over when one of these fools hit me. Hint from his behaviour an argument could be made he was brain dead BEFORE the collision..lol

This one doesn't make sense to me. Ebikes are not motorcycles and if his is considered one, for whatever reason, there should be more charges.
it is still considered to be a motor vehicle because it has an electric motor. if you are disqualified from driving you can not operate anything with a motor, even a lawn tractor to cut your grass is prohibited. To operate an e-bike you must wear an approved bicycle helmet how ever I do see many wearing dot motorcycle helmets and I suspect those would be allowed if it came down to the nitty gritty.

it is still considered to be a motor vehicle because it has an electric motor. if you are disqualified from driving you can not operate anything with a motor, even a lawn tractor to cut your grass is prohibited. To operate an e-bike you must wear an approved bicycle helmet how ever I do see many wearing dot motorcycle helmets and I suspect those would be allowed if it came down to the nitty gritty.
Oh ok. Yeah the helmet was the only thing I was confused about. I knew the rest still applied. I didn't know helmets were required.

Probably like what most E bike riders do, they remove the flop eared pedals. It is now a motorcycle for all intense purposes. Tough luck but no condolences coming from me.

That's what I was wondering....1 run red light limit?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

More likely they grew up playing video games...once you can no longer see the cop or hear sirens, then the cop no longer exists/your star rating goes back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom