Has anyone used touchupdirect or colorrite aerosol cans to paint parts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has anyone used touchupdirect or colorrite aerosol cans to paint parts?

kiwi

Just curious if anyone has used touchupdirect.com or colorrite aerosol cans to paint motorcycle parts? I have used colorrite paint in the past but had a professional painter apply the paint. Was curious to how well the aerosol cans work and if the colour matching was good.

thanks

I know a guy that did amazing job with aerosol. But for me it has never come out good. I always have orange peel

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I've had excellent success with aerosol but of course technique is key. A few light coats and then one heavy coat. If it isn't glossy enough to match you may need to use a clear (spray2k works great and is very durable).

Any idea who sells spraymax 2k epoxy primer or any one know who sells small quantities)(~500ml) of epoxy primer?

I got my spraymax at Napa.

I had Paint Circuit in Toronto make up a custom colour in spray cans (the ivory on the bike in my avatar). $20 per can. They can do any colour if you have a code or they can scan a sample panel and match it. The parts I painted were indistinguishable from the professionally applied colour I had done for the frame and most of the panels. Paint can be made up to any sheen also (matt, semi, gloss).

I had Paint Circuit in Toronto make up a custom colour in spray cans (the ivory on the bike in my avatar). $20 per can. They can do any colour if you have a code or they can scan a sample panel and match it. The parts I painted were indistinguishable from the professionally applied colour I had done for the frame and most of the panels. Paint can be made up to any sheen also (matt, semi, gloss).

thanks for the replies everyone. Robmack, thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

Back
Top Bottom