Does this bike history seem suspicious to you? Details Inside | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does this bike history seem suspicious to you? Details Inside

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ed/1094937102?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I went to look at the bike and it's in pretty good shape. I revved it a bit and inspected it all around, seemed to sound normal.

Seller says he's replaced fairings on both sides due to it being dropped (while parked) by previous owner, but seems a little sketchy. Being dropped at a stand still wouldn't require fairings to be replaced on both sides but I digress. Small dents on the gas tank and a chain link has been replaced.

Thoughts?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ed/1094937102?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I went to look at the bike and it's in pretty good shape. I revved it a bit and inspected it all around, seemed to sound normal.

Seller says he's replaced fairings on both sides due to it being dropped (while parked) by previous owner, but seems a little sketchy. Being dropped at a stand still wouldn't require fairings to be replaced on both sides but I digress. Small dents on the gas tank and a chain link has been replaced.

Thoughts?

It's always the same story lol

I'd suggest looking at it with someone who crashed a GSXR before and is capable of catching the small details that you may have missed.

Last edited:
There are drops, and then there are drops.
I was parked and some twit actually hit the bike.
He wasn't going that fast and didn't do any mechanical damage but both the fairing and bag on one side were destroyed from the fall from the stand.
All bikes get dropped. It's like it always rains when you forget your rain gear.
Offer a ridiculously low price for the bike. If he grabs it you know there are problems.

Considering that most bikes went through several owners, statistically speaking there's nothing suspicious about current owner not knowing any details. Almost every single bike I have bought was dropped previously and out of 7 bikes I have owned, only 1 I dropped personally.

Have a close look over the frame. Then take a flashlight and look down around the front fork area, move the bars from left to right and see if there's any damage where the steering stops in both directions. A dent on either side of the stops would indicate that the crashes happened at speed.

Other obvious ones:
-Scratches on bar ends
-Mirror scratches
-Footpeg scratches when the tires indicate that the rider doesn't typically lean over much

I'd go for $4,500 - $5,000 on that bike.

Texts only? I would call him and offer more than asking.

Have a close look over the frame. Then take a flashlight and look down around the front fork area, move the bars from left to right and see if there's any damage where the steering stops in both directions. A dent on either side of the stops would indicate that the crashes happened at speed.

Other obvious ones:
-Scratches on bar ends
-Mirror scratches
-Footpeg scratches when the tires indicate that the rider doesn't typically lean over much

I'd go for $4,500 - $5,000 on that bike.
I'd start at 4 but this is good advice.

My bike had the same story before i bought it . one side fairing changed, new bar ends , new mirrors, new clutch cover, etc. The previous owner played dumb. I stated that it has had a nice slide in its lifetime and proceeded to low ball. He took it.
Its okay if a bike is dropped or gets some road rash, they are not made out of cupcakes!!

Give the UVIP a good going over. If UVIP looks good and mechanicals check out fine the story may well just be fine. This goes for ANY bike purchase no matter what is declared or omitted by seller.

Back
Top Bottom