Is this reasonable for a 750CC? Quoted through StateFarm - $2100/yr Details Inside | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this reasonable for a 750CC? Quoted through StateFarm - $2100/yr Details Inside

Hi all, I'm 27 this year. I'm looking to get insurance quotes for a 08 GSXR750. I have a CBR250 right now insured through statefarm.

History:
I have my full G license (G1 @ 16, G2 @ 17, G @ 19). I have 1 claim on my record for an at fault back in 2011. I got my M2 last year (October 2014) and am currently with Statefarm since April 2015 (on a CBR250 - paying ~$950/yr). I'm getting quoted $2100/yr for liability + theft, no comprehensive. Does this sound right? I have automobile insurance with another company.

Did Statefarm tell you that your bike rate could be less if you insure your car with them too?

Did Statefarm tell you that your bike rate could be less if you insure your car with them too?

Yes but with the at fault claim on my record, my quotes for auto insurance would be more than double what i'm paying now so moving my insurance over to them really isn't an option.

That quote seems pretty decent to me. I'm paying 1800/yr on my 89 750 Katana with a very similar license history with StateFarm.

That's not just a 750CC, that is a GSXR750. Those things are hot rods, high insurance risk. Just guessing here, but I'd bet that something more "mainstream", like a Suzuki SV650, DL650, Kawasaki 650 Versys, ER6N, or Honda NC750, would be 25%-40% cheaper to insure, and still do everything that you want (except maybe for street racing against GSXR750s).

I notice a pretty good jump in my insurance when I move to any race ready or supersport bike....and even worse over 600cc....we're talking like a 250% increase over a standard 600cc bike

Honestly that sounds cheap given you have an at fault, and an M2 for only a year. And there really is no comparison between what you are riding now, and what you want to get, besides they both have two wheels. It should go down more at 30, and once you get your full M.

Honestly that sounds cheap given you have an at fault, and an M2 for only a year. And there really is no comparison between what you are riding now, and what you want to get, besides they both have two wheels. It should go down more at 30, and once you get your full M.

4-wheeled at-fault is often not counted against 2-wheeled insurance.

That's not just a 750CC, that is a GSXR750. Those things are hot rods, high insurance risk. Just guessing here, but I'd bet that something more "mainstream", like a Suzuki SV650, DL650, Kawasaki 650 Versys, ER6N, or Honda NC750, would be 25%-40% cheaper to insure, and still do everything that you want (except maybe for street racing against GSXR750s).

statefarm charges by CC mostly (if they still have the same algorithms) so a 650 would be slightly cheaper, but the nc750 would be the same. wouldnt matter if you have a cruiser 750, adv 750 or sport 750. they see them all the same.

so in my eyes, decent quote, but only you can compare to what others are offering which is what we dont know.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom