Chain uneven ratio ,wondering what is the cause.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain uneven ratio ,wondering what is the cause..

It's just one of the ways that chains wear. When you adjust chain slack, you're supposed to check the amount of slack at different points along the chain. If you can't get it reasonably close along the entire run of the chain, it's cooked and you need a new one.

Sometimes some of the links are just sticky, though. You can do a Hail Mary lube on a warm chain to see if it makes a difference, try and work out the kinks by hand. It probably won't help

That's a bad tight-link in your chain and it needs to be replaced. Replace chain and sprockets asap before it causes any damage to your trans.

i put the whole set new not long ago,2 months / 3500km..would u still recommend to change the spocket and chain???

i put the whole set new not long ago,2 months / 3500km..would u still recommend to change the spocket and chain???

Something's not right here then. What kind of chain is it and where did you get it? How often do you check slack? Lube it?

I have no idea ,cuz the SNOW CITY put that for me,..

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

Thanks johnscruiser..I will have to check my invoice but what does it matter now,bike is out of warranty now.!!

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

Thanks johnscruiser..I will have to check my invoice but what does it matter now,bike is out of warranty now.!!

It's just very strange for a chain to go bad that fast. O-ring chains are generally pretty good these days, and will go a lot farther than 3500km even if you never adjust or lube it once. About the only two explanations I can think of is John's theory of it being an eBay special (kinda unlikely), or that it was extremely overtensioned when it was installed.

FWIW, all of the brands that John mentioned stamp their names into every other sideplate on the chain

Adjust couple of times,lube every 3/4 weeks,clean with gasoline /remove all the dirt and **** and put brand new wax..

It also looks like that chain is way too tight, which will wear it out prematurely. A properly installed/maintained chain should go 40,000+ km. Gasoline might be too aggressive and dry out the o-rings, kerosene is better. Chain wax, I'm personally not a fan of it, dirt sticks to it really well.

Back
Top Bottom