Four motorcyclists charged for doing 192km/hr on the 404 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Four motorcyclists charged for doing 192km/hr on the 404

These guys were doing 190 according to reports. Do you know what that will do to another vehicle if they do make a mistake?

Two motorcycle-car collision in the last month resulting in rider deaths and slow-moving cars flipped right over. How fast were they going to have that much force of impact? How much did their respective speeds contribute to the crash by either being totally unanticipated by other traffic, or by making it impossible for the rider to avoid or even just reduce the effects of the crash? How much did their respective speeds work to overcome any protection offered by their personal protective gear?

Good questions.

I think I saw these guys last Sunday. I was driving my truck and had just got on the 404 from Major Mac. My wife had just texted me and suddenly 'bam', 'bam', 'bam', 'bam', four sport bike pass in between me and the car in the middle lane. Didn't even give me a chance to speed up and move out of the left lane! Texted my wife back that I wish I had a dash cam.

You probably text and ride on your Harley too. Cruise control, coffee mug holder, stereo, fresh pack of cheap cigarettes... I can picture it now lol

Except that traffic volume, frequent intersections, private driveways, left-turn requirements (and even street parking on one-way streets) make "keeping right" a totally different animal in an urban surface street driving environment.

Traffic gets the way it is because of ****** drivers, but if lane discipline were maintained, it would be because of pure volume. And that's OK; the right lane gets slow, so people move to pass, well the middle lane is already full, so it starts to slow, the you move left to pass, and so do hundreds of others and bam, you've got 3 slightly different speeds, but it's in the right order. The left and middle(s) would still be moving faster than the right lane, and are thus passing lanes.

Traffic gets the way it is because of ****** drivers, but if lane discipline were maintained, it would be because of pure volume. And that's OK; the right lane gets slow, so people move to pass, well the middle lane is already full, so it starts to slow, the you move left to pass, and so do hundreds of others and bam, you've got 3 slightly different speeds, but it's in the right order. The left and middle(s) would still be moving faster than the right lane, and are thus passing lanes.

That works on the highways because there are no left turns. Throw in the disruptions of people slowing and even stopping in the left lane to make that left turn into a driveway or onto another street, and now you no longer have that smooth uninterrupted flow of traffic.

Oh, and also... just want to remind you that section 172 of the Act is unconstitutional because it violates the presumption of innocence under the Charter. Please remind your federal candidates now.
HTA172 was challenged on this all the way to the SCO and the challenge lost.

I would never say that impaired driving is safe, but in your example, those drivers were safe... safe precisely because they got home safely, and nobody even noticed they were impaired. It is not as simple as black/white situation!!

You don't understand risk. Just because no accident happened, does not mean is was safe and if these guys were not taken off the road, sooner or later they would have killed someone or themselves. Some people just don't stop stupid behavior until they are dead or in a wheelchair, and before that, you simply cannot argue with them about their mad skillz.

A 400lb object at 200km/hr is enough to rip a car in half and any gear they were wearing is pretty pointless at that speed.
Racing has gotten safer because track designs are safer and they are more careful to avoid hitting things on tracks with safe designs and airbag barriers, etc. But Snell helmets and power ranger outfits are PFU when a body hits something at high speed on the road.

Yeah, unless you're in a pickup truck east of Toronto or going North on the 400, then you can pass on any lane, especially if towing a boat. This must be ok, because the OPP does f-ck all about it.

190 is jack ****, use to run from my parents place in markham to my buddies in aurora in 10-15 minutes. 404 is a great road to speed on.

Even put it on youtube because thats what dumbass 22 year olds do wonder if its still around... you guys acting all high and mightly like you never break the speed limit, cars cruise 140km/h on that road all the time.

Open road 4 lane highway 190km on a SS bike isnt unsafe, other than getting caught of course but that's the riders decision.

Yeah, unless you're in a pickup truck east of Toronto or going North on the 400, then you can pass on any lane, especially if towing a boat. This must be ok, because the OPP does f-ck all about it.

If towing a boat, you need a F150 minimum or RAM equivalent. Make sure you change your headlight bulbs to something with White lights, and dont worry about using a signal either, you're passing everyone..

If people could keep their speed going up hills guys towing would probably not pass you. When you drop from 95-100km/h down to 75-80km/h every hill and then speed up to 105-110km/h going down hills I'm going to pass you with or without my trailer, that ***** annoying.

Then people can't for the life of them understand why SS bikes are always on a cops "watch list". FYI I can get from Markham to Aurora in my cage in 15 minutes without even breaking the limit. Your 100% correct 190 on a bike isn't unsafe, UNTIL you hit something travelling considerably slower. I have attended an autopsy where the rider was going a LOT slower than 190, yet he measured 1" taller then before he hit that hydro pole coming off his bike.

190 is jack ****, use to run from my parents place in markham to my buddies in aurora in 10-15 minutes. 404 is a great road to speed on.

Even put it on youtube because thats what dumbass 22 year olds do wonder if its still around... you guys acting all high and mightly like you never break the speed limit, cars cruise 140km/h on that road all the time.

Open road 4 lane highway 190km on a SS bike isnt unsafe, other than getting caught of course but that's the riders decision.

Then people can't for the life of them understand why SS bikes are always on a cops "watch list". FYI I can get from Markham to Aurora in my cage in 15 minutes without even breaking the limit. Your 100% correct 190 on a bike isn't unsafe, UNTIL you hit something travelling considerably slower. I have attended an autopsy where the rider was going a LOT slower than 190, yet he measured 1" taller then before he hit that hydro pole coming off his bike.

I know man, motorcycles are dangerous and accidents usually result in serious injury or death! Can you believe that crazy ****? Riding on the street is pretty stupid if you really think about it.

I know man, motorcycles are dangerous and accidents usually result in serious injury or death! Can you believe that crazy ****? Riding on the street is pretty stupid if you really think about it.

yep,

I haven't had a street bike for more than 5 years. I only do track days or race (when budget permits). If you know someone who rides too fast on the street talk to them about going to the track and racing. You may save that persons life.

yep,

I haven't had a street bike for more than 5 years. I only do track days or race (when budget permits). If you know someone who rides too fast on the street talk to them about going to the track and racing. You may save that persons life.
But riding that fast on the track doesn't get me home faster.

yep,

So if you only ride on the track, how many days do you get in a year?

Everyone speeds to a degree, as it would be a lie to say they don't (especially with the 100km/h limit on the 401) but there is a big difference from doing 10-20 over the limit and going with the flow of traffic, and going 90 over the limit and going at a minimum 50 over those around you. I'll agree that 190 can be 'safe' if the road is open, there is nothing to hit, and there are run offs on either side...but that is not the case on 99% of our roadways.

What really irks me is the general consensus but a lot of people saying 'if I don't get in an accident, then there was no risk'...there was ALWAYS a risk, and a high one at that (if you are doing double the speed of traffic). Sure, take your own life into your own hands, but remember if you hit something, a bike has zero crumble zones, and can easily cut a car in half at those speeds. Seems most either don't think of that, or simply don't care, since the people in the other car 'isn't them'. At the very least, if you must speed on public roads...do it away from others, so if you do meet your maker...you only take yourself out in the process.

Also by the same logic, if not getting caught or actually harming others means no crime/wrong was committed, then in theory anyone who is a good shot should be able to sit on their balcony and fire rounds at people's feet below. So long as they are a good shot, and don't actually hit anyone...no crime, right?

No claims or insurance loss, true. However, insurance is about risk and probability. The insurance industry attempts to set actuarial tables (which determines premiums) based on driver behaviour, and other factors. These events only skew those tables badly, justifying premium increases for riders in this age group driving these motorcycles in this area. Bad news for other riders.
Which actuarial tables do they update? These drivers cover a broad age range for some reason (24, 26, 45, 56!) It's almost like a dual father & son idiotfest.

Back
Top Bottom