Four motorcyclists charged for doing 192km/hr on the 404 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Four motorcyclists charged for doing 192km/hr on the 404

kiwi

http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/fou...eing-clocked-at-192-km-h-on-hwy-404-1.2520860

York Regional Police have charged four men and impounded their motorcycles for a week after they were spotted travelling at nearly double the speed limit on Highway 404.
The group was spotted travelling north on Highway 404 in York Region by an Ontario Provincial Police plane at around 11:15 a.m. on Aug. 16.
According to police, the four had been travelling as fast as 190 kilometres per hour and were seen making unsafe lane changes around other vehicles after exiting the highway in Georgina.
York Regional Police were called in to assist and officers caught up with the group when they made a stop near Lake Drive and Kennedy Road

More details in the link..

I won't even bother with the time and a place speech anymore. Too many people just plainly don't get life. Why is it these city superhero think flying up the 400 series highways is a good idea? Does that make you fast or something? I know the first thing I'm looking for kna. 400 series highway are the idiots in cars and cops.

There's picking a wrong place for these shenanigans, and then there's picking the highway that most consistently has aerial surveillance

These a5sh0les are the reason for us getting gouged on insurance. Take it to the track boys. Look - I ride a 250 and don't condone this in the first place, but at least don't be so f00king stupid and do it on a major highway.

It's not really excellent though. It's the idiots like that who cause the police to automatically lump us all in one pile.

There's picking a wrong place for these shenanigans, and then there's picking the highway that most consistently has aerial surveillance

... and goes right past the airport where the OPP plane commonly takes off and lands ... ! ! !

WHY!!!!

Why don't these fools ever go top speed! Why just the halfway garbage?
In my day it was embarrassing to go less than 240 and that was just the on ramp.

I just don't get this new generation..............

Wow,

they were doing 30-40 kmh over the average flow rate of traffic on 400 series highways, and 20-30km over the design speed. Hooligans!

HTA 172 should be adjusted to road side execution for anyone doing over 100kmh on the highway. Won't someone think of the children.

just eliminate passing and restrict traffic flow. Toyota Corolas and yaris for everybody; should be only car sold.

Last edited:
Thread is useless with out griff2.

they were doing 30-40 kmh over the average flow rate of traffic on 400 series highways

The average speed on freeways is 150 to 160kph? By my math they were going 70kmh over the average and 92kmh over the limit.

reddogdarren is on to something: if you're gonna risk it all why don't you at least go fast on the straights?

I don't quite get the insurance argument... insurance took no loss other than getting rid of a potential bad client...

If you are a clean driver things like this shouldn't worry you and your rates. It's the repeat offenders that I have issues with. I hope it's the first for these find young gentlemen and that they truly learn their lesson. It's tough to convey the severity of what they've done without something catastrophic happening.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't quite get the insurance argument... insurance took no loss other than getting rid of a potential bad client...
No claims or insurance loss, true. However, insurance is about risk and probability. The insurance industry attempts to set actuarial tables (which determines premiums) based on driver behaviour, and other factors. These events only skew those tables badly, justifying premium increases for riders in this age group driving these motorcycles in this area. Bad news for other riders.

The average speed on freeways is 150 to 160kph? By my math they were going 70kmh over the average and 92kmh over the limit.

reddogdarren is on to something: if you're gonna risk it all why don't you at least go fast on the straights?

your math is wrong.
do 120 on the highways. you will be passed by 60% - 70% of drivers. the 30% will be the people following the HTA revenue generating speed limit of 100kmh (which you will notice is average rate of speed on single lane rural roads marked 70-80kmh speed limits, and thus not the 6-10 lane highways with 100kmh limit.
i have tried doing 100 kmh on the highway in the middle lane, and i truly feared for my life, as it was dangerously slow, restricts traffic flow and
just creates a hazardous situation with the actual rate of flow.

WHY!!!!

Why don't these fools ever go top speed! Why just the halfway garbage?
In my day it was embarrassing to go less than 240 and that was just the on ramp.

I just don't get this new generation..............

My thoughts exactly. Not that I condone the activity but no one goes balls deep nowadays.

240 on ramps? must be some straight *** ramps or just impressive riding...:rolleyes:

Anyway why are people surprised and outraged? These shenanigans happen all the time. I'm just glad other motorists did not get hurt because of these morons.

No claims or insurance loss, true. However, insurance is about risk and probability. The insurance industry attempts to set actuarial tables (which determines premiums) based on driver behaviour, and other factors. These events only skew those tables badly, justifying premium increases for riders in this age group driving these motorcycles in this area. Bad news for other riders.

Great synopsis.

Years ago, I was buying a house and got life insurance for the mortgage. IIRC, the only identified high risk activity that would nul and void the policy in case of accidental death, was motorcycle racing.

your math is wrong.
do 120 on the highways. you will be passed by 60% - 70% of drivers. the 30% will be the people following the HTA revenue generating speed limit of 100kmh (which you will notice is average rate of speed on single lane rural roads marked 70-80kmh speed limits, and thus not the 6-10 lane highways with 100kmh limit.
i have tried doing 100 kmh on the highway in the middle lane, and i truly feared for my life, as it was dangerously slow, restricts traffic flow and
just creates a hazardous situation with the actual rate of flow.

Really? You needed to drive 100 km/h in the centre lane to figure out that is one of the most dangerous things drivers do? Didn't you already know that?

"STAY RIGHT ACCEPT TO PASS" is what the OPP and regionals should be enforcing, morning night and day. Now *that* would not only generate huge amounts of revenue if they started giving out tickets to morons who cruise 100 KM/H in the center lane, but actually do something constructive for traffic flow and safety.

Back
Top Bottom