Mounting a forward facing SJ4000/Go Pro to a track bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mounting a forward facing SJ4000/Go Pro to a track bike

smudger

Done a quick search through the forum search & found plenty of reviews on the various cameras but really couldnt find anything about how best to mount the camera to the bike for forward facing use.
Just wondering how everyone else does this on their track bikes - where they mount it, what brackets they use, what the image quality like through the screen etc etc
Last time I was at TMP (Sat Aug 1st) at the riders meeting they had a requirement that Go Pro & similar cameras must be safety wired to stop them falling off the bike - makes sense to me but does anyone here do that & if so how?

I have an new SJ4000 coming this week & would like to try it out at GBM on Monday 24th.

Smudger

This is how I mount mine, bottom of the base on the inside is screwed to the body work.

Saves the hassle of having to go find my camera in the weeds when I crash and I like the angle
Gx7oopBAkeClsG_lj2b_rthEhscKkJgp_z8-le8xMsk=w355-h631-no

This is how I mount mine, bottom of the base on the inside is screwed to the body work.

Saves the hassle of having to go find my camera in the weeds when I crash and I like the angle
Gx7oopBAkeClsG_lj2b_rthEhscKkJgp_z8-le8xMsk=w355-h631-no

That's cool, I really like that idea.

Yet somehow all I get is Drews and Tylers *** all the time :angry2:
You just did that to stay stealthy when you ride up behind the ladies in the pits.

I started requiring SOAR racers to tether cameras a few rounds ago. I was getting 5-10 a weekend falling off. Since then I told them they would be checked at pit out, if I found one I would remove it there and rider could claim after their session. If I find one on the track I am keeping it. Since implementing this rule I have taken a few at pit out and had NONE fall off on track. As for tethering there are many ways just be sure to do camera body itself as that seems to be the part that falls off. For people doing a helmet mount then a lanyard attached around the neck works well.

Thank you gents.
For starters I'll try Kyle's method with safety wiring from the camera to the screen fasteners, but I do also like both the mirror mount & the tank mount methods.

Back
Top Bottom