Recommend me 300-500 km starting Durham | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommend me 300-500 km starting Durham

cbcanada

Banned
Anyone recommend me a new route to try for today? Looking for about 300-500 km. I am in Durham

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

First 100 kms might be boring but he'd to Peterborough and take the 115/7 Peterborough bypass. When you get to the intersection of Landsdowne go straight through and continue on Television Rd. Just past the Petro Canada go right on 4 and stay left to stay on 4 (don't follow onto division) Not too far on 4 then left onto University Rd. University Rd will end at 32 and the ride gets much better from here. Go right on 32 and enjoys the view of the river and winding road. Just before you get into the town of Lakefield hang a right on 33. Then left on 28. Follow past Burleigh Falls all the way to Apsley. Go right on 504 and follow it thru Apsley and all the way until you reach 620. Go right on 620 to Coe Hill. Just as you get into Coe Hill watch for a small sign for Lower Faraday Road. It only goes left. Follow Lower Faraday Road back up until you hit highway 28 again. (Watch for deer along here) Go LEFT onto 28 ( if you want a lunch break you can ride a short distance Right and there is Kawartha Dairy and a burger wagon). Continue westbound on 28 past Lower Padaush Lake and then go RIGHT on Dyno Rd/48. Take this up to 118 again watching for deer along this fun little stretch. Go LEFT on 118 to Tory Hill. Then go left on 503 to Kinmount. RIGHT on 121 for very short distance to find 45 where you will go left onto it. Follow it over to Norland. Then back south to home.

Last edited:
I recently found some nice roads in that area called Northey's Bay Rd, Rd 44, and Rd 47. They are very twisty if you like that sort of thing and 44 and 47 had no traffic.

Here is the map: https://goo.gl/maps/OW2zE

As for Lower Faraday Rd I was on it a few weeks ago and found it too narrow with many blind corners to go fast, be careful if you go on it. Hwy 620 is great.

I like Northeys Bay road too, but I suggest people keep around the posted limit. The bicyclist seam to think they own the road along there, and lots or people out for a walk/jog

Back
Top Bottom