Endras disappointing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Endras disappointing

These days I do base negotiations with sales either over the phone or email, and if they sound promising and don't annoy me I'll go in and talk numbers in person. Since they know I am coming, they are typically ready for me when I do show up in person, if they want the sale.

That said, I've seen a huge difference in how they treat customers/potential customers. When I was shopping around for my CBR650F, Brampton Powersports and Lindsay Cycle were by far the best...Markham was friendly but tried to justify selling OVER MSRP, Burlington Cycle told me they had a bike to test when they did not, and Clarington Honda didn't seem to car one way or another (had to twist their arm to take my name and number to let me know when the bikes came in to look at, and generally really didn't seem to care if they made the sale or not).

Another vote for Apex. One of the few places where the sales team seems genuinely friendly and interested in you as a rider, as well as a potential customer. Used to drop in whenever I was in the area and always ended-up buying *something*, just because I wanted to reward the experience.

Markham Outdoor Power is another good place if you're dealing with Chris. Second generation family place and he really gets the importance of building relationships with your customers.

Sweeping generaliztion, but I've found that many places (in the GTA at least) have friendly parts and service departments while their sales departments are aloof, indifferent and even downright rude. I like dealing with Ready and Snow City's parts departments, but their sales teams need a lot of improvement. Not even a nod of the head acknowledgement, let alone a feigned-interest conversation, or blunt "can I help you..."

Don't know if it's the nature of the sport or if these guys make their quotas and fill their boots by June, so they don't have to earn the rest of the year?

Some retailers get customer experience and others don't. Will say that regardless of how good other parts of the business are, I won`t reward a shop with a purchase anywhere that the sales team doesn't even meet basic expectations.

Last edited:
Quick observation : I look like your average Joe (what a coincidence ) and when I go into a dealership looking around I sometimes get acknowledged and sometimes don't. I've always only been browsing and make it a point to say so right up front. Some guys continue to talk, others don't. No biggie. But I always wondered if the day came when I had the money to go in and buy a bike brand new right there if the experience would be different. As explained by StB, I guess it's not. Guess it's playing out like a scene from pretty woman. Funny thing is, you would think that a) seasonal businesses would be more inclined to jump on a potential sale. B) it's a bmw dealership and someone looking for help. That would almost be a guaranteed sale, right?

Oh, and from my days of being in sales/csr, if I was with someone and I heard a second page, I would excuse myself, acknowledge the 2nd person and explain that I would be with them asap. Seems like common courtesy and a way to lock in a sale.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Last edited:
99% of the time when I walk into a dealership, I try to project strong mental rays to repel the salespeople so they don't slow me down on the way to the parts counter. The 1% of the time when I was considering buying a bike new, I had a short chat with the (amiable) guy and it was clear they did not need my business, I wanted some kind of break on a bike that they apparently had no trouble selling (though it looked like it didn't move very far for a couple months). So I came to my senses and bought one that was just broken in.

Norm(?) from Kahuna and the GP Bikes sales staff were/are alright. I guess I have to give credit to the salesfolk at Rev Cycle - while a prior experience made me want to burn down the building using my own fermented blood as an accelerant, they did give me a nifty Ducati mug for free while I was buying a shirt for my brother.

Last edited:
For anyone considering a Ducati... check out Peninsula Ducati in Oakville. I bought a 2015 Multistrada S and was treated awesome from the get go. Reception, sales, parts and service all get 5 stars. The techs will take time out of their busy day to discuss the bike. When I was installing the GPS, I couldn't locate the power cable... One of the Techs (Craig) kindly came out and explained where it was and how to access it.

The only thing I was a tad peeved about was that they refused to budge from list price. There aren't many Ducati dealers around... The know they have you by the nads...

Not sure how some people can make it through a dealership without being hounded. I generally dress like a bum and seem to attract the sales people.

I guess I look average Joe approachable.

Not sure how some people can make it through a dealership without being hounded. I generally dress like a bum and seem to attract the sales people.

I guess I look average Joe approachable.

Guess the lovely grey hair,shorts ,t shirt and LP640 gave them the idea I was broke and wasting their time :)

I bought my HP4 from them last summer. The salesguy was Adam, I think he's still there. He's alright, nothing home to write about, but all I needed him was to sell me the bike so didn't care about him or his somewhat subdued demeanor (that's just him). Picking up the M4 on a European delivery next year and this is also through them...the car guys are definitely more "polished" from the sales perspective.
I did get some add-ons for the bike for free even on an "bike that cannot be had" so...if you want to make a deal then it maybe possible at Endras, but at this point man, you might as well wait till the winter blas and call it in during Jan and see what deals you can get at that point.

I bought my HP4 from them last summer. The salesguy was Adam, I think he's still there. He's alright, nothing home to write about, but all I needed him was to sell me the bike so didn't care about him or his somewhat subdued demeanor (that's just him). Picking up the M4 on a European delivery next year and this is also through them...the car guys are definitely more "polished" from the sales perspective.
I did get some add-ons for the bike for free even on an "bike that cannot be had" so...if you want to make a deal then it maybe possible at Endras, but at this point man, you might as well wait till the winter blas and call it in during Jan and see what deals you can get at that point.

true but I didn't even want a deal I just wanted to order a 2016 the way I wanted it.

From what I'm hearing, there is no change to the motor or chassis for the '16, since it went through a serious upgrade on the '15. Couple of new paint choices with black and red as the new addition:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2015...-include-special-editions-and-safety-updates/

Of course there is a rumor that they will do an HP release on the 2016, but I highly doubt it, but if they do, I really want to see how they can improve on the '14.

http://m.autoevolution.com/bmw-hp-motorcycles-might-just-make-a-comeback-89723.html

A little further west but did you try BUDDS(oakvillle). New building with MINI and Motorrad. Always been very attentive and new building next door to bmw/prior is even better.

From what I'm hearing, there is no change to the motor or chassis for the '16, since it went through a serious upgrade on the '15. Couple of new paint choices with black and red as the new addition:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2015...-include-special-editions-and-safety-updates/

Of course there is a rumor that they will do an HP release on the 2016, but I highly doubt it, but if they do, I really want to see how they can improve on the '14.

http://m.autoevolution.com/bmw-hp-motorcycles-might-just-make-a-comeback-89723.html

Thanks For the info

There have been so many dealership stories of "man dressed as hobo is actually a millionaire", you would the think that sales staff these days would be more circumspect.

Back
Top Bottom