Racing fuel | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racing fuel

rescue

I feel like the last kid picked on the team.... But am I the only one at track days not running race fuel.
Where do you get?
Does it change anything?
I run a carb 01 r6 will it be compatible?
Will it make me faster?

Spend your money on a "Fast" school and sticky tires and suspension setup.

Race fuel is awesome, sometimes i go to my garage and I still can smell it out of my bike but there are so many other things you can spend your money on specially at track days.
I feel like the last kid picked on the team.... But am I the only one at track days not running race fuel.
Where do you get?
Does it change anything?
I run a carb 01 r6 will it be compatible?
Will it make me faster?

you only race fuel, of which there are many flavours, when you can out ride the bike and have an engine that needs it. now if you have gobs of money and want to waste it, mr12 is $12 a liter. have fun.

I don't run race fuel at track days, and doubt I ever will. I don't feel the need to more than double the cost of doing track days.

I like the smell of the race fuel when people pass me. I don't however run it myself. I use my money on things that'll eventually help me not get passed as much in the future.

If you want to try it. Try it. There is no one that can decide the cost/benefit equation but you.

You try it. You like it/dont like it. You don't mind paying for it/you can't afford it.

Race fuel for a trackday is a pointless waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My (carbureted, old) race bike works just fine on Shell 91. It has mildly more compression than stock (the head has been milled approx 0.5mm).

Once upon a time, someone gave me the leftover contents of a can of C12, so I gave it a try. I won't dispute that it did give crisper throttle response. But IF there was a difference in total power output, it was too small for the butt dyno to notice.

Don't forget the down sides:
- It cannot be left in your gas tank or in your float bowls because it goes bad quickly, which means you have to go through an exercise of draining the system and purging it out with standard fuel every weekend.
- It eats gaskets and seals in the long term.
- Many race fuels contain lead. Lead is bad for you. While motorcycle racing itself can also be bad for you in a much shorter timeframe, why add an extra long term health factor.

If you have a built engine with so much more compression than stock that you cannot run it on standard pump fuel, *that* is where you need to use race fuel and *that* is where the big performance gains can be.

There are low-octane racing fuels that are meant to work with standard engines (the C12 that I tried is not one of them) and I won't argue their benefits ... but Shell 91 costs $1.35 per litre and MR12 costs a lot more AND you have to deal with the headaches. Not worth it for me.

I run c12 but it is is not an option for my race bike and av gas isn't leaded like it once was

Back
Top Bottom