The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 86 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

[video=youtube;qtQoq_zIW1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQoq_zIW1k[/video]

I drove for about 14 hours straight today from new brunswick to home. Shortly after entering Ontario this is what I see
ec15b95ef6a99ca9a32665edb209798f.jpg

Was fine in every other province...
0760dc2c3177ee2ae8d27328644c0205.jpg

The first pic is of a truck with a speed limiter trying to pass another truck with a speed limiter the second pic is a lineup in the left lane with a relatively empty right lane.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I drove for about 14 hours straight today from new brunswick to home. Shortly after entering Ontario this is what I see

Was fine in every other province...

The first pic is of a truck with a speed limiter trying to pass another truck with a speed limiter the second pic is a lineup in the left lane with a relatively empty right lane.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I notice the same thing as soon as I cross into Ontario. I was in PA two weeks ago. Once I hit the QEW after passing through CBSA, the left lane was full.

[video=youtube;dMJUGGCrj0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJUGGCrj0E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;dMJUGGCrj0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJUGGCrj0E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

And tow truck drivers wonder why they can't get any respect. :/

I'd be sending that one to the police as well, running a red and cutting off a pedestrian just so you can rush to a call deserves a big fat assed black mark on your driving record.

[video=youtube;1Wb57eVrJLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb57eVrJLQ[/video]

"Zipper merging", aka the excuse used by people who, in heavy traffic, push up as far as they absolutely can prior to attempting to get out of a lane which ends.

And tow truck drivers wonder why they can't get any respect. :/

I'd be sending that one to the police as well, running a red and cutting off a pedestrian just so you can rush to a call deserves a big fat assed black mark on your driving record.

I don't think tow truck drivers wonder why they can't get any respect.... They know they drive like ********, many seem to be in their early 20s and don't give a crap.

it amazes me on how people do so many redicluous things, but they are never seen by the cops.

coming home last night, there is a two lane road coming into one of the towns i go through, merges to one, as the merge starts ending, pickup behind me moves way right looking to go around me because there was 10 ft between me and the car ahead. had i been on a bike, no doubt he would have tried to squeeze past. a bit after the merge i moved to the left to make a left turn approaching a yellow turning red, he guns it and runs the light full on red.

I notice the same thing as soon as I cross into Ontario. I was in PA two weeks ago. Once I hit the QEW after passing through CBSA, the left lane was full.

It works better when you're leaving the GTA, it actually opens up pretty well once you pass Kingston. With the caveat of the occasional big truck passing a big truck up a hill. Most of the drivers are from the GTA, so it's natural that there's more traffic jams on the incoming route.

"Zipper merging", aka the excuse used by people who, in heavy traffic, push up as far as they absolutely can prior to attempting to get out of a lane which ends.

That guy was in his driveway and it had nothing to do with zipper merging, which by the way, is the most efficient way to merge.
Letting 10 people in front of you, before you hit the merge point is extremely inefficient.

it amazes me on how people do so many redicluous things, but they are never seen by the cops.

coming home last night, there is a two lane road coming into one of the towns i go through, merges to one, as the merge starts ending, pickup behind me moves way right looking to go around me because there was 10 ft between me and the car ahead. had i been on a bike, no doubt he would have tried to squeeze past. a bit after the merge i moved to the left to make a left turn approaching a yellow turning red, he guns it and runs the light full on red.

Did you turn left through the red, or stop for the light?

Zipper merging is the accurate, efficient and effective manner in which vehicles should be merging. That's pretty well a stated fact. Using all available roadway is seperate, but does go hand in hand with merging when done correctly. When traffic is free flowing I typically use the full length of a merge lane getting on the highway to get up to speed and merge. I also will use the full length when the highway is congested.

Judging by the comment, it sounds like you're the guy that merges right away and leaves the traffic to backing up horribly behind you on the on ramp while an entire length of merge lane is open ahead of you.

[video=youtube;aAuZ_Mb4glM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAuZ_Mb4glM&feature=share[/video]

Back
Top Bottom