The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

When you're first at a light waiting to turn left, the A-pillar on most modern vehicle hides a pedestrian waiting to cross. Combined with dark/subdued clothing, I'm surprised they were not run over. Perhaps the SUV had collision avoidance LoL.

Needs to be a driver training/education thing to look around that inherent blind spot when you're turning left. Maybe one day they'll add mandatory yellow stickers to the inside of the A-pillar on vehicles saying 'Warning: blind spot, use caution when turning left at intersections'

And is the pedestrian pushing the stroller carrying a latte or a smart phone? Around my neighbourhood, they're mostly texting on their cell phones as they push their strollers on the side of the road (easier than the sidewalk you know...)

[video=youtube;5UoVE8gZYMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UoVE8gZYMA[/video]

I was driving around scarborough yesterday... The amount of times I said "what the hell is this idiot doing" was in the dozens. I can't believe how bad they drive down there. 3-4 cars at a time rolling through red lights, cars cutting off traffic to get to a tim hortons or taco bell. Do turn signals even work in scarborough?

When you're first at a light waiting to turn left, the A-pillar on most modern vehicle hides a pedestrian waiting to cross. Combined with dark/subdued clothing, I'm surprised they were not run over. Perhaps the SUV had collision avoidance LoL.

Needs to be a driver training/education thing to look around that inherent blind spot when you're turning left. Maybe one day they'll add mandatory yellow stickers to the inside of the A-pillar on vehicles saying 'Warning: blind spot, use caution when turning left at intersections'

And is the pedestrian pushing the stroller carrying a latte or a smart phone? Around my neighbourhood, they're mostly texting on their cell phones as they push their strollers on the side of the road (easier than the sidewalk you know...)

At some intersections in Seattle, they have a bucket on each side of the street full of orange flags. You grab a flag and wave it while crossing the road to try to get people to see you. It's damn funny to watch.
crosswalk-flags-picture.jpg

[video=youtube;aCSwo54wrY4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCSwo54wrY4[/video]

Looks like the other driver was "Watching the road" just in case one of their tires hit the man hole covers that were level with the road. His/her suspension could have blown up y'know...

I was driving around scarborough yesterday... The amount of times I said "what the hell is this idiot doing" was in the dozens. I can't believe how bad they drive down there. 3-4 cars at a time rolling through red lights, cars cutting off traffic to get to a tim hortons or taco bell. Do turn signals even work in scarborough?

I think that's called the "broken window effect" I recently saw a well documented documentary about one of the worlds biggest democracies where everybody throws garbage into the street because everybody else throws garbage into the street. In other words once lawless driving reaches a certain level everybody else just follows suit.

I think that's called the "broken window effect" I recently saw a well documented documentary about one of the worlds biggest democracies where everybody throws garbage into the street because everybody else throws garbage into the street. In other words once lawless driving reaches a certain level everybody else just follows suit.
Good description, that makes sense. I think I'll call it, "Monkey see, monkey do"

I definitely do not mean it to be, Its just a term I've heard many many times over the years referring to people acting like lemmings.

LOL, just pulling your leg:p

Forgot how to Left

[video=youtube;EUYo7B0ePPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUYo7B0ePPE[/video]

ive always wondered how sober people can end up driving the wrong way on the highway

Ok - I'm convinced - I've gotta get a dashcam. Dick is arguing about a stop sign that he didn't even remotely slow down for ...

BMW = Alternate Reality Vehicle. They all (ok, many of them, wouldn't want to generalize too much and get someone here all butthurt) seem to live in their own apparently completely different version of reality.

ive always wondered how sober people can end up driving the wrong way on the highway

Complete and total idiocy, that's how. Those are the sorts of people who are so unaware of what's going on around them one needs to wonder how they breathe and drive at the same time. What's scarier is that they somehow managed to get a licence.

[video=youtube;HYDeBSyhYK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYDeBSyhYK8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back
Top Bottom