The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Edit: fack it, no hope.

Moral of the story is don't go the speed limit in the outer right most lane. :lmao:

Moral is: Don't post videos, if you don't want them critiqued.

I've been on both sides of your second situation, and have had a couple of narrow misses with it.
It just isn't worth it to me, and I'm hoping that you can learn from some of my experiences.

People get strange and confused after an accident.

I had one guy t-bone me through a stop sign, and then claim that I made a left turn through an intersection three blocks away and hit him.

The witness was convinced that it was my fault, but corroborated my story, but that won't always be the case. It's best not to roll the dice.

Couple weeks ago:

[video=youtube;wfpu1ThkfU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpu1ThkfU0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'm not seeing your point here. You pulled in to what was formerly a right turn only lane before the intersection and passed one car very close before the lights. Most people who had driven the intersection before would wait until after the lights to turn into the Swiss Chalet or Royal Bank. You should be anticipating that. You can see the car edging over through the intersection, and they know enough to not make a lane change inside the intersection. If they were trying to make their way into the plaza they would naturally be slowing down. In the meantime you were accelerating in the right lane. You were at their back bumper just as the intersection was ending and they were attempting to make the lane change.

Basically, it's not a good spot to overtake, and a charge could go either way.

Black car? The first car you passed within 3 seconds of the right lane starting. I'm not sure where the clip of you waiting for a minute at the light is.

Anyways, if you're driving a red sporty car, and you're hit by a small grey car who claims that you were driving aggressively and speeding, it may be an uphill battle.
Ok, so you are familiar with the area. So you should also be familiar with the fact that that hasn't been a right only lane for at least 3 months. Imo that's enough time for anyone to get used to it. That person may have put on their signal, but clearly did not do a shoulder check. I look out for people making that same move. And I do it because riding has made me more defensive a driver. But that doesn't excuse them from doing a proper check. I may be wrong, but I'm with Boots on this one. ( although I totally agree about the sports car scenario /logic)

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Couple weeks ago:

[video=youtube;wfpu1ThkfU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpu1ThkfU0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This must be one of the safe Ontario drivers that Minister of Transportation Del Duca is referring to. They (this particular driver) are safe because they only proceeded on the red after all traffic cleared the intersection.

I don't get #3. It's a flashing red, they stop then safely proceed through the intersection. What am I missing?

I don't get #3. It's a flashing red, they stop then safely proceed through the intersection. What am I missing?

Not a flashing red, it's just how my camera picks it up. Light doesn't turn green until me and the car to my left go.

Not a flashing red, it's just how my camera picks it up. Light doesn't turn green until me and the car to my left go.

Oh - bizarre. In hindsight (with my flashing red view) I thought maybe you were referring to everyone else who wasn't stopping before proceeding.

Carry on.

Oh - bizarre. In hindsight (with my flashing red view) I thought maybe you were referring to everyone else who wasn't stopping before proceeding.

Carry on.
It happens.

Should have noticed it and clarified it in the description first. My fault. I wonder if my camera picks all lights up like that or just that specific one. Gotta check when I get home.

Carry on.

For some reason cameras pick up some LED lights as flashing (when they are not to us) especially at certain angles. Does anyone know why that is? Is it because LED lights are actually flashing but at such a high rate that our brain perceives it as a constant light source but the computer in the camera is able to view the light pauses?

For some reason cameras pick up some LED lights as flashing (when they are not to us) especially at certain angles. Does anyone know why that is? Is it because LED lights are actually flashing but at such a high rate that our brain perceives it as a constant light source but the computer in the camera is able to view the light pauses?
Could be wrong but I think it has to do with the flash rate of the light in relation to how many FPS the camera picks up.

Guy in the first video is driving a truck, totally justified.

Third video, the guy had already run the red at 17 seconds, so he's supposed to clear the intersection as safely and quickly as possible.

Ok, so you are familiar with the area. So you should also be familiar with the fact that that hasn't been a right only lane for at least 3 months. Imo that's enough time for anyone to get used to it. That person may have put on their signal, but clearly did not do a shoulder check. I look out for people making that same move. And I do it because riding has made me more defensive a driver. But that doesn't excuse them from doing a proper check. I may be wrong, but I'm with Boots on this one. ( although I totally agree about the sports car scenario /logic)

Not familiar with the area. I just noticed that there were painted over right turn marks in the inside lane.

Some people take a while for that sort of thing to register. They've been driving the same route for so long, that some of their responses are automatic. Here where I live, they put in a traffic light where a four way stop used to be. We still have people stop for a green light every once in a while, so you need to be cautious in those areas, or around people who don't appear to be paying attention.

I've been in the same position as Boots before and had to honk.
I've also had to slam on the brakes, or speed up to prevent an accident.
But being right, isn't the same thing as being safe.
You're generally safer being well behind these types of people,
as you're hopefully paying more attention and can brake.

The number one rule of the road, is don't hit anything. Number two is don't let anyone hit you.
Sometimes that requires one to swallow one's pride,
and stay out of the way of whatever stupid maneuver the other person is attempting to do.

Third video, the guy had already run the red at 17 seconds, so he's supposed to clear the intersection as safely and quickly as possible.

Watch the whole vid (if you're talking about the left turners, if not disregard) unless you're talking about the jetta not stopping before the line. The jetta is what you wanna be watching.

I sent that one to the YRP. Wouldn't have done so if that chick in the car didn't have her face in her phone later up the road.

Last edited:
Watch the whole vid (if you're talking about the left turners, if not disregard) unless you're talking about the jetta not stopping before the line. The jetta is what you wanna be watching.

I sent that one to the YRP. Wouldn't have done so if that chick in the car didn't have her face in her phone later up the road.

Brown? car to your left that was stopped beside you up until about 35 seconds, then saw nothing coming and proceeded through the red. The problem was that they stopped 2 metres into the intersection, and not at the stop bar.

Brown? car to your left that was stopped beside you up until about 35 seconds, then saw nothing coming and proceeded through the red. The problem was that they stopped 2 metres into the intersection, and not at the stop bar.
I figured that's what you were saying.

That's common here. Peds are forced to walk into the lanes of live traffic.

The thread that you were trying to remember might have been the one in which I posted my "Jackassery" series of vids.

Listen dude, I follow speed limits for about 95 percent of my drive. If I didn't I wouldnt have it stamped to my dashcam, why would I want something that would work against me if I get into an accident? I'm pretty transparent with my speed. The other 5 percent being passing or going the flow of traffic because going the speed limit becomes dangerous -- or as in the first video (me going roughly 10 over) my right foot gets lazy. 10 over for me is a lot and when I realize I'm doing it I safely bring it down to the limit. So given that information, I'm not someone who has some grudge against cops because they gave me a ticket for going 10 or 20 over or something. I've got no tickets, but I think my opinion is formed from the area I predominately drive in. Cops set up absolutely everywhere with radars in hand and thumbs in ***. Back when I had my bike before I sold it a couple weeks ago I had many close calls of almost getting slapped off my bike, no matter how defensively I ride, no matter how visible I make myself. I had some chick try and undertake me when I was turning into my driveway. Her excuse? "I have emergency". A little earlier on Rutherford there was a cop set up with a speed trap.

So it's an absolute insult when I see cops just sitting at the side of the road when the REAL dangerous stuff is going on. That does **** all. You want to make a difference? Get out there and see the road for yourself and not from a distance. Are you going to catch EVERY thing that goes on? No, but you'll get someone who's got a dangerous habit on the road or your presence will keep people in check. At least that's what I've seen.

Hate to say it, but there's a safe way to speed on the average road excluding residential areas. There isn't a safe way to blatantly blow stop signs, avoid right of ways, or change lanes into someone: aka the **** I see on a regular basis that almost causes accidents.

So please, tell me why you think I'm ignorant again? Come drive in Vaughan, I'm sure you'll change your opinion.

Hey man the police exist to enforce control over citizens and to make money... The last thing on their agenda is to protect you or uphold the law if they can avoid doing it.

The "law" as people know it exist as a smoke screen.. Just imagine if the government said "we are going to hire a goon squad to keep you in line to never revolt against us" they can't say that.

So they make laws to "protect us" and the police have to uphold some laws to make it look like their real job is servitude to public safety

If the police only kept public order against those who stand up against the government.. It would be clear as day we are prisoners to our own government.

Think of this.. If there was no media coverage, they would not investigate a murder more then 5 minutes ..

Think about how messed up our law is.. You can't murder or even assault some one who breaks into your house and is a threat to you and your family.. but yet the government can go murder folks 10 thousand km away who will never be a threat to anyone in Canada.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Got a real gem today on the way home.

All of my videos have been on rutherford road. Lol....

[video=youtube;zb_8ARgs6qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_8ARgs6qs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

@boots, I'm always scared that I'll show up in one of your videos! Lol

Back
Top Bottom