The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 145 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

I'm quite happy that my car (Mazda 5) has an automatic lighting system. It seems quite good at sensing conditions and coming on when appropriate. It's not, however, in any way attached to the wipers.

Worse yet is that it's my observation that some of the worst offenders are the police, specifically the OPP. They should be the ones setting the example, but instead I see almost every single one of them driving around with just the DRL's in horrible, rainy, snowy, foggy (etc) weather.......

They probably do this on purpose,,,,so you can't see them, and they can sneak up on you and pull you over and issue those nice tickets they give out.....

Last edited:
Never seen this sign on the road before:
BfU4L4q.png

Multi lane highway in dire need of plowing.... left lane is clear, right lane is snow/slush covered.

You expect people to drive in the right lane?

Thats ridiculous. I feel like you must be being intentionally obtuse. No one could genuinely think that.

First off on a multi lane highway, chances are that it's the rightmost lanes that are plowed and the leftmost lane that is left covered.
Although, being in Toronto, the chances of that happening are about as likely as having to call in the army.

Even so, there's a million different excuses one can use for driving in the left lane "I don't have to cancel my cruise control as often", "I can text/surf/watch a video", "I don't have to worry about merging traffic", "People can't speed", "I need to make a left turn soon" . . .

The problem is that it becomes habit, and muscle memory. Merge onto a street/highway, move to the left lane.

Anyways, given your criteria. Someone will gradually move over more and more, with less and less snow/slush, to the point where the right lane is better, and they still move. This fits in with the thought that everyone who drives slower than me is a $#%$%#$%#, trying to hold me up, and everyone who drives faster is a *&^%#@!!! We ALL need to realise that we are bad drivers in great need of improvement, and work on that.

Besides, who's better able to cope with the bad conditions, those going to slow for the conditions, or those going too fast?

Last edited:
Outside of the GTA (yes, there is a world that exists outside the GTA) it seems to be the middle lane that is often the cleanest during snowfall.

The logic remains the same. Drivers will continue to drive in whatever lane is clear. Right, middle, left... doesn't matter.

Expecting anything different is ridiculous.

Outside of the GTA (yes, there is a world that exists outside the GTA) it seems to be the middle lane that is often the cleanest during snowfall.

The logic remains the same. Drivers will continue to drive in whatever lane is clear. Right, middle, left... doesn't matter.

Expecting anything different is ridiculous.

Your trying to use something that occurs 0.01% of the time to justify something that occurs in the 99.99% is what is ridiculous.

On a perfectly clean five lane highway with no traffic ahead for miles, some people will still drive/ride in the leftmost lane.

People should be in the correct lane. That's one of the biggest hurdles to fixing the GTA's traffic woes, and the reason why simply adding more lanes does squat.

Your trying to use something that occurs 0.01% of the time to justify something that occurs in the 99.99% is what is ridiculous.

On a perfectly clean five lane highway with no traffic ahead for miles, some people will still drive/ride in the leftmost lane.

People should be in the correct lane. That's one of the biggest hurdles to fixing the GTA's traffic woes, and the reason why simply adding more lanes does squat.

Nice deflection. You posted the silly road signs in response to comments about driving in the left lane because it was clear in a snow storm. That's what we're discussing here and that's what you're silly road sign was directed towards.

Now you move the goal posts to try and salvage your argument?

Ridiculous.

**** off.

Good one. :rolleyes:

If conditions are that bad anyone would drive in the clear lane.

Watch the video. Its crap quality but if you make it full screen you can clearly see the right lane has clear tire tracks. This Matthew guy that posts hypocritical "bad driver" videos is impeding traffic and causing other motorists (you can see atleast 2 in the video. Who knows how many others) to change lanes multiple times to get around this inconsiderate driver and his vehicle in the left lane when he should be keeping to the right.
The right lane is just as clear as the left one. His excuse is a poor one and is just that, an excuse.

Only unreasonable jerks would maintain strict lane discipline rules in conditions like that.

It's not unreasonable at all, take a moment and watch the video closely. Both lanes are equally clear. He is one of those drivers that block the left lane forcing others to go around him. He's in the wrong.

You may not agree with me telling him he's partially to blame for the MVC, I understand that. But you have to admit, the vid clearly shows his excuse that the right lane was cleaner than the right is BS. Both are perfectly driveable with clear tire tracks.

I used to live North of Orangeville and drivers like him made the winter commuting so much more treacherous by doing exactly what he is doing in that video. Being a snail in the left lane and refusing to move over even if the right lane is just as, or similarly clear.

It's my fault the other driver was going too fast for the conditions.

It is your fault for making other motorists (atleast 2 in your video) have to change lanes to drive around you because you are too inconsiderate to drive in the right lane even though it looks just as clear in your video and you are driving at a slower speed and should be in that lane regardless.

How can you post these videos of bad drivers when you yourself are one?

Last edited:
Rats. I went to the trouble of finding the original video, the question asked, the rationalization, and your misquote of it, then tore you a new one, but forgot to submit.

Then again, if you aren't going even bother to get the facts straight, then I won't play anymore.

Let's just get back to driving badly, while videoing other people's bad driving, shall we?

It's my fault the other driver was going too fast for the conditions. If only I could control the stock market with my powers.
Don't know if you noticed but there was a line of cars struggling to get around you. If you're so scared that you're blocking everybody, maybe you shouldn't be driving at all.

Notice also, the guy behind you braked before you did. You're really in no position to criticize others.

Don't know if you noticed but there was a line of cars struggling to get around you. If you're so scared that you're blocking everybody, maybe you shouldn't be driving at all.

Notice also, the guy behind you braked before you did. You're really in no position to criticize others.

Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited:
Guy lost it changing lanes trying to pass a car in the right lane, clearly exceeding safe speed for conditions/ability. Evidence suggest if right lane was open for Mr. Inarush, accident would not have happened. I blame car being passed up ahead. Freaking keyboard warriors.

Guy lost it changing lanes trying to pass a car in the right lane, clearly exceeding safe speed for conditions/ability. Evidence suggest if right lane was open for Mr. Inarush, accident would not have happened. I blame car being passed up ahead. Freaking keyboard warriors.
From what I could tell Mr. Inarush moved over late to pass Mr. Inattentive, who didn't see him as he went to change lanes at the same time. Mr. Inarush probable overreacted on the brakes and steering and turned his car into a pinball. Or bowling ball. Or wrecking ball. Anyways he bounced off stuff.

Doesnt change everything Mr. Inafog did wrong.

Last edited:
From what I could tell Mr. Inarush moved over late to pass Mr. Inattentive, who didn't see him as he went to change lanes at the same time. Mr. Inarush probable overreacted on the brakes and steering and turned his car into a pinball. Or bowling ball. Or wrecking ball. Anyways he bounced off stuff.

Doesnt change everything Mr. Inafog did wrong.

Mr. Inafog who managed to avoid all the spinning cars in his path? Yeah, that's the bad driver we need people writing paragraphs of angry opinion about :rolleyes:

Edit: Must say though, I do slightly enjoy the irony of an avid cam watcher/poster being on the other end. Anyway, we've lost the art of imperfection; I long for the days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom