The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Boots

I remember seeing a thread like this but I forgot the title of the thread.

Open to dashcam and gopro footage taken from a car or motorcycle.

This guy left my jaw dropped. Turning right from a left turn lane while a car is in the right/straight lane, then putting his hands up at the other driver as if the beemer was in the wrong, then attempting to cut off oncoming traffic. Wouldn't have been that bad if his movements weren't so impulsive, but he blatantly disregarded the fact that there was a car beside him or cars passing by in front of him.

[video=youtube;xPjWeW-JjkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPjWeW-JjkE[/video]

Damn, wish I had my dashcam in my car for the drive I just went for.

Went for a 7 minute drive to the dentist, had a woman almost change lanes into me had I not honked. Had 2 people not respect the right of way at 4 way stops.

Just on a 7 minute drive.

But it's okay let's have all the police set up speed traps because you know that's what the real problem on the road is.

Damn, wish I had my dashcam in my car for the drive I just went for.

Went for a 7 minute drive to the dentist, had a woman almost change lanes into me had I not honked. Had 2 people not respect the right of way at 4 way stops.

Just on a 7 minute drive.

But it's okay let's have all the police set up speed traps because you know that's what the real problem on the road is.
Yup. That's our 'hood for you. Haven't seen someone come to a complete stop at a 4 way in months.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Posting another video when I get home from work today. Second time this week someone comes inches from hitting my car because of an impulsive lane change (No i don't drive in blind spots, the video will show this)

Video cuts out due to choice words.

[video=youtube;I-Hc9gaVS0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Hc9gaVS0g[/video]

LOL - the ignorance.
Listen dude, I follow speed limits for about 95 percent of my drive. If I didn't I wouldnt have it stamped to my dashcam, why would I want something that would work against me if I get into an accident? I'm pretty transparent with my speed. The other 5 percent being passing or going the flow of traffic because going the speed limit becomes dangerous -- or as in the first video (me going roughly 10 over) my right foot gets lazy. 10 over for me is a lot and when I realize I'm doing it I safely bring it down to the limit. So given that information, I'm not someone who has some grudge against cops because they gave me a ticket for going 10 or 20 over or something. I've got no tickets, but I think my opinion is formed from the area I predominately drive in. Cops set up absolutely everywhere with radars in hand and thumbs in ***. Back when I had my bike before I sold it a couple weeks ago I had many close calls of almost getting slapped off my bike, no matter how defensively I ride, no matter how visible I make myself. I had some chick try and undertake me when I was turning into my driveway. Her excuse? "I have emergency". A little earlier on Rutherford there was a cop set up with a speed trap.

So it's an absolute insult when I see cops just sitting at the side of the road when the REAL dangerous stuff is going on. That does **** all. You want to make a difference? Get out there and see the road for yourself and not from a distance. Are you going to catch EVERY thing that goes on? No, but you'll get someone who's got a dangerous habit on the road or your presence will keep people in check. At least that's what I've seen.

Hate to say it, but there's a safe way to speed on the average road excluding residential areas. There isn't a safe way to blatantly blow stop signs, avoid right of ways, or change lanes into someone: aka the **** I see on a regular basis that almost causes accidents.

So please, tell me why you think I'm ignorant again? Come drive in Vaughan, I'm sure you'll change your opinion.

Last edited:
Or Brampton. I can vouch for Boots staying within the limits. That's how he rode whenever we went out.
I also agree that the many other things that happen on the road deserve more police attention than speeding. Last month a guy blows a red light where a cop was turning. Cop just went about his business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wasn't passing, that lane merges onto a highway. It just so happens that I accelerated to the speed limit quicker than she did. Definitely didn't intend to pass, it just so happened to work that way. Not gonna slam on the brakes because I'm about to pass someone who can't accelerate as quickly as me in the lane to my left. That's impractical and dangerous.

As you can tell I'm going 60, not any speed suggesting I was passing. She was trying to pass the truck using the right lane (She did it later on the road while I was merging on the highway).

Also, not sure what your links are pointing out. The black car in front of me wasn't going to go in the right lane. How do I know this? I spent a minute at the stop light and he made no indication of going to the lane to his right even though he had the chance. So based on your own link I was good to "pass" him (even though Ididn't intend to I was just getting into the highway lane, and I tend to go into the right lane whenever I can) according to this clause "The driver of a motor vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only where the movement can be made in safety"

As for your first link, the scenario provided wasn't even relatable to the scenario that happened to me. She moved right to overtake, not because I wanted to pass her "
Passing on the right can be more dangerous than passing on the left. If you are driving in the left most lane with a slower vehicle in front of you, wait for the vehicle to move to the right. Do not suddenly change lanes and pass on the right; the driver in front may realize you want to pass and move to the right at the same time you do.". I wasn't waiting for her to move at all, she made an unsafe lane change. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Or Brampton. I can vouch for Boots staying within the limits. That's how he rode whenever we went out.
I also agree that the many other things that happen on the road deserve more police attention than speeding. Last month a guy blows a red light where a cop was turning. Cop just went about his business.

Just driving home and a jeep slammed through a red light and nearly parked himself in the side of my huge work truck... Speed trap down the street was very effective though. Didn't catch him speeding but maybe next time.

Well, at least you said it. "Business." I don't suppose you stopped to ask the cop what his business was? I assume not. Don't forget unlike Ambulance and Fire, police don't go lights & sirens to the vast majority of calls to service they receive.

Just driving home and a jeep slammed through a red light and nearly parked himself in the side of my huge work truck... Speed trap down the street was very effective though. Didn't catch him speeding but maybe next time.

If you can't find the ignorance in this flawed logic.. I can't help you...

Last edited:
If you can't find the ignorance in this logic.. I can't help you...

Haha, my sarcasm didn't show through. But that area is well known to have speed traps on it. Its deterred me from speeding on that stretch of road. With that said its probably a cash cow for Durham region with non-local traffic.

Well, at least you said it. "Business." I don't suppose you stopped to ask the cop what his business was? I assume not. Don't forget unlike Ambulance and Fire, police don't go lights & sirens to the vast majority of calls to service they receive.
Yes. That is a good point. And very well may have been the case.

If you can't find the ignorance in this logic.. I can't help you...
...and if you can't see the logic, we can't help you.

Haha, my sarcasm didn't show through.

Need to get the Sarcasm Meter calibrated again.

It likely is a cash-cow, and it's not a secret that speeding tickets are a form of revenue generation. Of course, it's also not a secret that the request to generate said revenue comes from the City's Government and not the Police Service. But, with luck the police set-up a speed trap (mobile revenue generation station - MRGS) where residents have complained about speeding or where they feel people speeding has gotten to a point of it carrying too high a potential for accidents to occur.

Wasn't passing, that lane merges onto a highway. It just so happens that I accelerated to the speed limit quicker than she did. Definitely didn't intend to pass, it just so happened to work that way. Not gonna slam on the brakes because I'm about to pass someone who can't accelerate as quickly as me in the lane to my left. That's impractical and dangerous.

As you can tell I'm going 60, not any speed suggesting I was passing. She was trying to pass the truck using the right lane (She did it later on the road while I was merging on the highway).

Also, not sure what your links are pointing out. The black car in front of me wasn't going to go in the right lane. How do I know this? I spent a minute at the stop light and he made no indication of going to the lane to his right even though he had the chance. So based on your own link I was good to "pass" him (even though Ididn't intend to I was just getting into the highway lane, and I tend to go into the right lane whenever I can) according to this clause "The driver of a motor vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only where the movement can be made in safety"

As for your first link, the scenario provided wasn't even relatable to the scenario that happened to me. She moved right to overtake, not because I wanted to pass her "
Passing on the right can be more dangerous than passing on the left. If you are driving in the left most lane with a slower vehicle in front of you, wait for the vehicle to move to the right. Do not suddenly change lanes and pass on the right; the driver in front may realize you want to pass and move to the right at the same time you do.". I wasn't waiting for her to move at all, she made an unsafe lane change. Plain and simple.

I'm not seeing your point here. You pulled in to what was formerly a right turn only lane before the intersection and passed one car very close before the lights. Most people who had driven the intersection before would wait until after the lights to turn into the Swiss Chalet or Royal Bank. You should be anticipating that. You can see the car edging over through the intersection, and they know enough to not make a lane change inside the intersection. If they were trying to make their way into the plaza they would naturally be slowing down. In the meantime you were accelerating in the right lane. You were at their back bumper just as the intersection was ending and they were attempting to make the lane change.

Basically, it's not a good spot to overtake, and a charge could go either way.

Black car? The first car you passed within 3 seconds of the right lane starting. I'm not sure where the clip of you waiting for a minute at the light is.

Anyways, if you're driving a red sporty car, and you're hit by a small grey car who claims that you were driving aggressively and speeding, it may be an uphill battle.

Edit: fack it, no hope.

Moral of the story is don't go the speed limit in the outer right most lane. :lmao:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom