The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 142 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Looked to me, like he wanted into the right lane, saw the huge gap ahead of the camera car, and was going for it as the camera car sped up just enough to keep it out of reach.
The cam car's speed was a steady mid-60 km/h

Do we think the driver caught on or was that the car throwing out the anchor after sensing impending doom? I think collison avoidance is standard in the XC60. Obviously it stills needs some tuning.

Was most definitely collision detection working as designed... ie minimized the impact of the collision, not the collision entirely. I would guess over half the Volvo's speed was lost before impact. That's significant.

Looks like the cam car gets rear-ended at 0:09.

Could be. My phone showed the speed so small I couldn't read it. Anyways, I would like to think that I would have backed off sooner and left the guy an out before he hit.

It would have hopefully slowed down the person trailing in the right lane.

I feel you're assuming a lot on a very short clip. For all you know the Volvo could have been hugging the right of the lane for miles and had no intent of getting over. If they had their signal on, I'd be right there with ya; but they didn't, so no need to lay blame on the cam car imo

Looked to me, like he wanted into the right lane, saw the huge gap ahead of the camera car, and was going for it as the camera car sped up just enough to keep it out of reach.

Minivan in the right lane was only half a car ahead of the vehicle in the middle lane. If the Volvo was looking to move to the right, the traffic was looking to slow down too. Think it was classic txt and drive and traffic came to a halt. Camera car not to blame in my opinion. At least from the short clip. I wouldn't speed up. The distance was safe and you can see the mini van tap the brakes to indicate something was up. Don't think the camera car was riding a blind spot. That's me though.

Not blaming the cam car. He didn't do anything wrong. Was in the right lane where he was supposed to be. Going a little slow for the speed limit perhaps, but then again he was in the right lane.

And I'm just going from my personal experience. Then again, I haven't driven consistently in Toronto for five years now, so there could be major problems with texting that I didn't encounter.

It does seem like the typical Toronto 3 lane highway setup, half of the traffic in the middle lane, three eighths in the left lane, and an eight in the right lane.

Not blaming the cam car. He didn't do anything wrong. Was in the right lane where he was supposed to be. Going a little slow for the speed limit perhaps, but then again he was in the right lane.

And I'm just going from my personal experience. Then again, I haven't driven consistently in Toronto for five years now, so there could be major problems with texting that I didn't encounter.

It does seem like the typical Toronto 3 lane highway setup, half of the traffic in the middle lane, three eighths in the left lane, and an eight in the right lane.

Pretty much... I ventured into Brampton a few weeks back. I'll leave it at that.... lol

[video=youtube;rlIQkwW58lA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlIQkwW58lA&feature=youtu.be&t=8s[/video]

[video=youtube;N_hP-yXORfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_hP-yXORfg&feature=youtu.be&t=10s[/video]

I was brake checked and given the finger multiple times by what looked to be a Queen's student, heading back to school from Toronto on the two lane 401,
(my assumption at the age of the driver, small car, and location of the incident), for the first time in over 40 years of driving.

We were passing a transport, but then slowed down a little for no apparent reason, eventually we started passing an on ramp with cars coming on,
so I crawled up his tailpipe to try and give the truck room to move over if he needed.
Just as he cleared the truck he slammed on the brakes for a second or two.
Later on I gave him the what's up shrug, which is when he returned the finger a number of times, so I gave him the big thumbs up, and then waited til I was calm to pass him later on.

I probably should have backed off when we approached the ramp, but I was in the truck's blind spot by that time, and there were others waiting to pass behind me.

Why can't people just pass and get over?

[video=youtube;2Or-L8z3ZiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Or-L8z3ZiM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back
Top Bottom