The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 101 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

It's a single lane. It's illegal

So is a country road, but you can legally pass where ever regardless of the lines on the road, providing you can make arguement that the pass could be made safely. I'm sorry but I have the same thoughts as Joe. What's the difference? Rob, any insight?

So is a country road, but you can legally pass where ever regardless of the lines on the road, providing you can make arguement that the pass could be made safely. I'm sorry but I have the same thoughts as Joe. What's the difference? Rob, any insight?
Because it's a 4 way stop. Not a country lane
Passing isn't the issue. It's the fact that he cut into a 4 way stop and proceeded when it wasn't his turn

It's the intersection of inverlochy and royal orchard in thornhill if anyone wanted to map it.

Last edited:
@Benny! Went back and looked at it. Need to map it to be sure, but I thought that there was a left turn lane there. If not, then the illegal is sharing a lane, or improper left turn, I think. That makes sense then.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

I also think that it is a total dick move, however, and once again excuse my ignorance, but if painted lines are not regulatory, then what actually makes that illegal? And what if it was done a littke further ahead, where the car does not go into the opposing lane, but just over the hash marks? Not trying to argue, genuinely curious.

"Improper driving where the road is divided into lanes." "Failure to drive in marked lane." "Improper passing." Take your pick. 3 points.

"156. (1) Where a highway is divided into two separate roadways, no person shall operate or drive a vehicle or lead, ride or drive an animal,

(a) along or on the highway except on the roadway on the right-hand side, having regard to the direction in which the vehicle is being operated or driven or the animal is being led, ridden or driven; or

(b) from one roadway to the other roadway except where a crossing is provided. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 156 (1)."

Thanks Rob.

"Improper driving where the road is divided into lanes." "Failure to drive in marked lane." "Improper passing." Take your pick. 3 points.

"156. (1) Where a highway is divided into two separate roadways, no person shall operate or drive a vehicle or lead, ride or drive an animal,

(a) along or on the highway except on the roadway on the right-hand side, having regard to the direction in which the vehicle is being operated or driven or the animal is being led, ridden or driven; or

(b) from one roadway to the other roadway except where a crossing is provided. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 156 (1)."

Is that not defined by a median?
I'm doubting this guy should get a ticket fyi

Yes, you're right. I pulled the trigger too quickly on the CTRL+C/CTRL+V.

149. (1) No vehicle shall be driven or operated to the left of the centre of a roadway designed for one or more lines of traffic in each direction,

(a) when approaching the crest of a grade or upon a curve in the roadway or within 30 metres of a bridge, viaduct or tunnel where the driver’s view is obstructed within that distance so as to create a potential hazard in the event another vehicle might approach from the opposite direction; or

(b) when approaching within 30 metres of a level railway crossing. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 149 (1).

154. (1) Where a highway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic,

(a) a vehicle shall not be driven from one lane to another lane or to the shoulder or from the shoulder to a lane unless the driver first ascertains that it can be done safely;

(b) in the case of a highway that is divided into three lanes, a vehicle shall not be driven in the centre lane except when overtaking and passing another vehicle where the roadway is clearly visible and the centre lane is clear of traffic within a reasonable safe distance, or in preparation for a left turn, or where the centre lane is at the time designated for the use of traffic moving in the direction in which the vehicle is proceeding and official signs are erected to indicate the designation;

(c) any lane may be designated for slowly moving traffic, traffic moving in a particular direction or classes or types of vehicles and, despite section 141, where a lane is so designated and official signs indicating the designation are erected, every driver shall obey the instructions on the official signs. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 154 (1); 2015, c. 14, s. 45.

He shared a lane going to a stop sign. We get tickets for filtering. This is exactly what he did but with a car

Arguably the shittiest park I've ever seen
1f4baf71707a293dc8ed8fadf80ab107.jpg
24b750bcc29361461151c0d211b2e808.jpg
bef4fe4aa3b3f82fc8ed07d04be3d599.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

@boots Vaughan Mills bro
MPV FTW!
Smh, there's all kinds of wrong there.

Arguably the shittiest park I've ever seen

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

@boots Vaughan Mills bro
MPV FTW!
Smh, there's all kinds of wrong there.

I'm surprised that's the worst you've seen at VMills...

Ever try taking a look in the TD/Boston Pizza plaza near the Viet supermarket? #noracial

I'm surprised that's the worst you've seen at VMills...

Ever try taking a look in the TD/Boston Pizza plaza near the Viet supermarket? #noracial
Lol
I was just gonna say around the Dollarama! Lmfao ?

Actually far from a dick move, this was smart - he made his left turn without obstructing anyone and saved people behind him time.

Once again, the original poster of the videos proves they are whiney and pathetic.

Sounds like someone drives one of the "*********" brand of cars.

Hahahahahaha! I don't know what's worse. These guys or the ones that idle infront of store doors (Wal-Mart, costco, starbucks, etc.)

[video=youtube;C0WetNRDicg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0WetNRDicg&feature=youtu.be&t=9s[/video]

Back
Top Bottom