The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

That woman is not Asian, I can tell you that. The tall girl is Asian, look how different they look.

Plus I'd like to say it's not gold. It's dirty brown or khaki. That's an ugly colour

Pretty aggressive thing to do. But I can definitely sympathize with his frustration. Those kinds of people and people who take forever to accelerate at the start of the green advance just cause unnecessary wait times.

Edit: and damn those trucks look torquey

I would have done the exact same thing as the FJ driver - check out the car in front of him/her at 0:18-0:19; changes from left hand lane and is now clearly almost completely in the right-hand lane. The driver then thinks he/she cut-off the driver of the grey vehicle, so panics and jumps right back into the left hand lane (by 0:20 back into left lane - still with right turn signal on).

I would be so paranoid of riding/driving near this person that I would also accelerate around him/her. Getting away quickly from someone driving like that is common sense if you ask me...

I would have done the exact same thing as the FJ driver - check out the car in front of him/her at 0:18-0:19; changes from left hand lane and is now clearly almost completely in the right-hand lane. The driver then thinks he/she cut-off the driver of the grey vehicle, so panics and jumps right back into the left hand lane (by 0:20 back into left lane - still with right turn signal on).

I would be so paranoid of riding/driving near this person that I would also accelerate around him/her. Getting away quickly from someone driving like that is common sense if you ask me...
Good eye, I didn't even catch that. I was too busy focusing on the fact that a bus made a left turn quicker than a car, lol.

Started looking at that Toronto Driving Reddit thread. Made an account yesterday.

[video=youtube;N6OrHlJZ0U4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6OrHlJZ0U4[/video]

Wish I had a dashcam, would have had some great footage of an arsebag on a dirtbike acting like a total and complete tool all the way leading up to and through Bowmanville.

...sorry if it's just supposed to be only Non-bikes in this thread, but I had some definite WTF moments.

Wish I had a dashcam, would have had some great footage of an arsebag on a dirtbike acting like a total and complete tool all the way leading up to and through Bowmanville.

...sorry if it's just supposed to be only Non-bikes in this thread, but I had some definite WTF moments.
I think bikers an and cyclists are equally permissible

Classic "U-turn of death."

Thankfully, he did quite well with rather minor injuries. Also deemed 0% at fault for insurance.

HOWEVER, let's all try to once again drill into our heads how important it is to look up the road; see potential problems; and translate that into proaction.

He did not slow down at all, and he turned his head away to look at something else just before the collision. Those two things suggest he likely did not fully process what he saw in front of him or did not see the car at all - as if he simply was not paying attention. Cynically - how the heck could you not see a **** box car like that angled so greatly on the roadway and not wonder, "WTF" and take action to slow down. Also, he's in the wrong lane position. Now I get why he's there because there is not much space between the TTC track and the next lane. Heck, he may have just moved over to give space for that taxi.. but for sake of preaching proper lane position - there may have been the chance (had in been in the proper block position) the car might have seen him behind the Cadillac.

All just food for thought....

Last edited:
Thankfully, he did quite well with rather minor injuries. Also deemed 0% at fault for insurance.

HOWEVER, let's all try to once again drill into our heads how important it is to look up the road; see potential problems; and translate that into proaction.

He did not slow down at all, and he turned his head away to look at something else just before the collision. Those two things suggest he likely did not fully process what he saw in front of him or did not see the car at all - as if he simply was not paying attention. Cynically - how the heck could you not see a **** box car like that angled so greatly on the roadway and not wonder, "WTF" and take action to slow down. Also, he's in the wrong lane position. Now I get why he's there because there is not much space between the TTC track and the next lane. Heck, he may have just moved over to give space for that taxi.. but for sake of preaching proper lane position - there may have been the chance (had in been in the proper block position) the car might have seen him behind the Cadillac.

It seemed to me that he sped up when he saw the cab. Also the car was already turned out into the lane.
You can see it in the distance at about 10 seconds. I thought he at least closed the throttle just before the collision.

A car might have done better at stopping in this case.

I would say that he was still processing the issue of the taxi, that shouldn't have been blocking the lane. I've been in a situation very similar in which I was dealing with a vehicle that looked about to pull out in front of me from the right, then had a car turn across my path from the oncoming lanes maybe 10 metres after I had dealt with the first issue. Keep in mind that these sports cameras typically have a wide field of view, perhaps 130+ degrees, so everything looks further away than it really is. The car that turned out in front of him was only a few parking spaces down from the intersection.

If you look at his speed before starting the video, you can see that he was going 38 on the speedometer at the point of collision.

I thought he at least closed the throttle just before the collision.
Seems like he did if not close it, let off on it before impact, albeit too late to matter but that's not necessarily his fault.

2zpqsn6.png

And let's not forget that we don't know when he actually "saw" the car because just cause his camera is picking it up doesn't mean his eyes have focused on what the camera picks up. We have the benefit to see it possibly earlier than he did because of the psychological bracing that the title gives us, the fact that these cameras use a wide lens, and because we have the luxury of stop, start, repeat, slow motion etc. that people don't have while they're driving.

Everyone has valid points. It is very easy to arm-chair quarter-back, and hindsight is 20/20. I'm just more interested in people taking away what they can from the video - rather than arbitrarily writing off the video as "F*ing cager."

I agree that his focus may have been away, but I took would have been guilty of looking at the taxi. I actually thought that was going to be the collision in the video.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Might as well leave this here.

[video=youtube;-qAz1Xh2pbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qAz1Xh2pbU[/video]

Hah. I don't think it works that way, dude.

There was actually a minivan (along with a line of cars) coming off that ramp as he was going up. Minivan laid the horn down, the guy just squeezed to the left of everyone forcing them to move aside for him.

TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN!

[video=youtube;H7Z9VrUTGzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Z9VrUTGzc[/video]

I gotta admit, I LOL'd at her reaction. All I could think of was "somewhere, some fan of anime p0rn is having a field day"

Back
Top Bottom