FZ6R 2012 is there any such transmission oil to be replace at certain CLICK? | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ6R 2012 is there any such transmission oil to be replace at certain CLICK?

martin900cc

I recently own used FZ6R 2012 had a 36,000 than ,I put 2/3000 km in this 2 month..I kinda notice when the engine get warm or let's say 20 min ride in city the transmission is not as smooth as it should be, especially I find it hard to find a neutral .from 2nd gear it goes 1st,and up shift it goes to second,what I used to do is when I'm on 2nd gear I kind of gentle knock of shift lever ,that the best way to find neutral,again that's not an appropriate way,..
Does any of you guys had these problem in the past?how you over come from this issue?
Is there a transmission oil to be replace?
Or in the worst case transmission ****** up???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine oil is transmission oil. Has it been changed recently? Check the free play on your clutch lever, it may need adjustment.

For whatever reason when the engine get warm clutch slightly get more free play by itself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For whatever reason when the engine get warm clutch slightly get more free play by itself...
What oil have you been using? My friend was using some Castrol Titanium oil or something in his bike, same problem as that. The longer he rode the bike the more free play showed up to the point that the bike would still want to drive away with the clutch pulled all the way in! He had to replace his clutch plates, the oil he was using caused them to swell.

With Amsoil my tranny shifts like butter. With Motul 5100 it was super clunky! Try Amsoil MCF on your next change and see how you like it.

I run my bikes with a TON of freeplay. Do you use all four fingers on the clutch? If so add a ton of free play and see if you like the quicker shifting and more positive clutch lever action. If the bike is hard to get into neutral after or it lurches forward kicking it into 1st then you went too far :) Test it with the engine off, in gear, adjust then see how hard the bike is to roll with the clutch pulled to the bar, if it gets difficult to push, you went too far with the freeplay.

First and foremost thanks for the your input,
Well,My bike doesn't roll when i disengage the clutch,I have got a Amsoil 10/40 yesterday,haven't done the replacement yet,
Will do sometime this evening or later,
Now,I don't know what brand the previous owner use ,Hopefully things will become smooth after the oil change,
Will let you guy know..
Cheers

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

@johnscruiser,j meant when I pull the clutch in it won't roll,as you mention previous..

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

@johnscruiser,j meant when I pull the clutch in it won't roll,as you mention previous..
I knew what you meant ;) Unless someone has messed around with adjustments on the other end of the clutch cable I can't see it being an adjustment problem.

A quick follow up ,
So I change the oil with AMSOIL 10/40,and I can definitely see the differences ..thanks johnscruiser/ iceman and everyone else ..

Same thing with mine and a friend's.

The transmission on the FZ6, FZ6R and older R6s is just... meh. Running Motul 7100 full synthetic, after a fresh oil change and a few thousand KM thereafter, the tranny shifts fairly smooth. After about 4-5 thousand, it starts getting very clunky again.

Mine's still clunky after the oil change. clutch spec too. I checked all that first or I wouldn't be asking here as per my own thread.

I got no issue finding a neutral since change the oil,,however still not very smooth especially up shifting ...anyone experience this sort of issue in past?what can I do to troubleshoot??

I got no issue finding a neutral since change the oil,,however still not very smooth especially up shifting ...anyone experience this sort of issue in past?what can I do to troubleshoot??

There's nothing to troubleshoot, it's the nature of the bike.

A quick follow up ,
So I change the oil with AMSOIL 10/40,and I can definitely see the differences ..thanks johnscruiser/ iceman and everyone else ..

I hope that is motorcycle 10W40 or you at least checked that it was safe for wet clutches...

Back
Top Bottom