Tried to do a burnout, forgot to get off the seat whoops | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tried to do a burnout, forgot to get off the seat whoops

RockThis52

Was going to change my rear tire anyway decided to kill the rubber in my garage. Except I forgot to get off my seat. Shifted into first and revved it up. Did I **** up mechanically? Egotistically yes, but mechanically?

makes sense :confused:

I am confused. Why would you be worried about the clutch? It was not engaged. The only issue could be revving high with no engine load. At times when things are not perfect can result in a spun bearing or other issue. However I can't see how anything could be damaged.

What is this about getting off the seat? How does this action matter?

What is this about getting off the seat? How does this action matter?

Didn't get off the seat, too much traction on the rear tire so it didn't spin as the engine was spinning and in gear. If I am overthinking (which I am infamous for) then so be it LOL

I'm confused...and getting popcorn....

I'm not a mechanic (and I don't even play one on TV), but if clutch out the bike does not move forwards in gear, then it sounds like your clutch is done. The thing I don't get is if it is that bad, then I can't see how the bike is even ridable at all.

Think of it this way...how do you normally ride away from a stop? You give it some throttle, release the clutch, and tire move and bike goes forwards. What you are saying is that you can release the clutch, and the bike goes nowhere (wheel does not turn, chain does not move).

Like this?
images

It would seem the OP has done this to his motorcycle clutch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnHYcRooL2s

Stunt'n for life, yo!

You must weight like 800lbs! That or your clutch was already on the verge of exploding. However, your grammar in the original post is like that of a 2 year old, so who knows what you were really trying to say. Your baby-babble suggests you engaged the clutch and revved it for a while, but the bike didn't move. If that's the case, then your clutch is toast.

Did that with my car once, on a gravel road no less. Don't know how it happened but the clutch was fine for years afterwards until the car was scrapped.

Buddy of mine was trying to learn rolling burnouts. Clutch was fine on the way to the lot, didn't get the back wheel spinning but had the clutch fully released in first gear. Demoed his clutch in one foul swoop.

Imo, and I get in **** for this part alot in my life, but, imo yes, your friction plates are going to be garbage. You may have even damaged your pressure plate by over heating them. You can be a cheap sob and only replace the friction plates and get another season out of it maybe but if ur pressure plates are f'ed up your just going to kill that set too in a short amount of time.

from what im reading doesn't have to be a problem with the clutch or any problem for that matter.
how does the bike ride now?

you try to do a burnout, so I assume you went up against a concrete wall or had the front brake on. It will obviously take a lot of power to get the back wheel spinning as you need to cause a loss in friction. the back wheel didn't spin. Is it possible you just didn't use enough power to get the back wheel going. you wouldn't move forward as you would have had the front brake on

from what im reading doesn't have to be a problem with the clutch or any problem for that matter.
how does the bike ride now?

you try to do a burnout, so I assume you went up against a concrete wall or had the front brake on. It will obviously take a lot of power to get the back wheel spinning as you need to cause a loss in friction. the back wheel didn't spin. Is it possible you just didn't use enough power to get the back wheel going. you wouldn't move forward as you would have had the front brake on
Bike runs fine, and yup front brake was applied. Guess I was just over thinking it. Until I feel the clutch slipping I won't worry.

Back
Top Bottom