Did you hide your bikes expense from your spouse? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you hide your bikes expense from your spouse?

lol, he is her age and obviously the one on the right.
I can't tell which one is the bf.... They both look old.... I mean young ....

@zx600 you look like I thought you would when I thought you were a Chad ! Lol! And yeah, you look younger than I expected. Your daughter gets her looks from her mother, I see.

Anyway, I don't hide anything from her. Not worth the headaches. Besides, I wouldn't want her hiding how much she spends on shoes!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Guys.... I didn't hide anything yet. Maybe because i made this thread.....

It crossed my mind today tho.

So let me share my story. We never had any formal finanical agreement. She never gave me issues with my bike or hobby expenses. I make 2x what she makes and i also pay most if not all household expense. Recently she does not seem to be supportive when i told her i'm upgrading my bike. I don't spend foolishly. I waited for the end of the season to get a great deal. When i wanted to bring her in for opinion on the bike shopping she just ignored and moved to another subject.

Reason we didn't really have a financial agreement was she was basically not employed when we got married.

I'm thinking of not telling her about the bikes expense so i can avoid the argument. I'm shooting my own foot am i? Lol

I'm thinking of not telling her about the bikes expense so i can avoid the argument. I'm shooting my own foot am i? Lol
Number one cause of divorce is finances, lies are not in your best interest.... You guys seem to need to get your financial communication together and maybe create some clear guidelines on how things are or should be and have you both agree.

I am only speaking from my previous experiences and failures which were in most cases my fault.

Is more of a FYI and not a permission statement.

That's the way it should be... Was married for 23 years, bought what I wanted, when I wanted. Within reason of course. The wife would ask if I was at the money tree in the yard again. Last year we decided to separate... Sold my interest in the house to her, I retired and bought a 2015 Multistrada S. Life is very peaceful now!

Hopw I'm not veering off course but...
I wish someone would have least gave me some advice about financial planning in a marriage / relationship. Our way works for us but as statwd4in this thread, there are many differences. I would think the easiest/ fair / ideal way would be: both make ~same income -- add expenses +savings+incidentals + a little more -- divide in half -- each puts in that much. The rest is fair game to be spent however.
I think it gets more difficult when the incomes have a larger difference. After figuring expenses work out a % of both incomes that will cover that. Ie: if you need 50% of the higher earners income to cover 75% of the bills that's what you do.
The worst thing imo would be making the lower earner feel like their contributions didn't matter or they not have enough mad money therefore leading to feelings of resentment.
Damn. This just may be therapy.
I'll bill you later.

Sorry about the spelling. New phone, the case comes too far into the keyboard.

I thought there's no duty on motorcycle parts??
Has to be. It was shipped from reading pa. I see from tracking the boarder had it and added charge. Now on Monday I owe ups 246. When coming from states I think anything over 60 bucks is chargeable.
edit did a google search and see that I am getting tagged because they shipped ups. One would think Penske being a big supplier would ship standard for us canuks.

Last edited:
That's the way it should be... Was married for 23 years, bought what I wanted, when I wanted. Within reason of course. The wife would ask if I was at the money tree in the yard again. Last year we decided to separate... Sold my interest in the house to her, I retired and bought a 2015 Multistrada S. Life is very peaceful now!

Comeon let's share abit details... You guys can't just "decide" to separate right? If it's related to sex then nevermind

Comeon let's share abit details... You guys can't just "decide" to separate right? If it's related to sex then nevermind

She was talking divorce for quiet a while... June 2014 we got into a heated argument and I lost it. Told her if she wants to split, then bring it on... She's happy, I'm happy... Life is good.

My agreement with my wife is to be either debt neutral in property or get to my old standard of fitness before I can get a motorcycle. Not easy, but it's good to have goals.

My thought on finances is open book policy. No secrets should be necessary. My finances are completely linked with my wife, makes it easier for me.

and what is her compromise on the thing she wants but there are conditions in order for her to get it?
My agreement with my wife is to be either debt neutral in property or get to my old standard of fitness before I can get a motorcycle. Not easy, but it's good to have goals.

My thought on finances is open book policy. No secrets should be necessary. My finances are completely linked with my wife, makes it easier for me.

and what is her compromise on the thing she wants but there are conditions in order for her to get it?

Her current goal is to be smoke free. So she has to be smoke free for one year. Saving all of the money that she would usually spend on cigarettes. At the end of the year she can do whatever she wants with that money. It'll net a pretty smooth $2,000.
We're both remarkably cheap, so that helps. I'd imagine if you had one spender and one saver in a relationship it would make life tough.

Back
Top Bottom