Did you hide your bikes expense from your spouse? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you hide your bikes expense from your spouse?

My bike burns more gas than my car

Wifey knows the happiness from bike expenses far exceeds a grumpy husband...tenfold. No secrets.

What's that saying....?
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission....

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

There is plenty of things I do wrong. My wife knows better than question the scooters' expenses, which are really the small stuff.

Nah, my wife likes to ride on the back. We've even done a couple riding holidays in Europe. I knew my current bike would not be as comfy 2-up, but I invited her on a test ride before I bought it and she gave me the thumbs up anyway. Next bike will be need to carry enough gear & keep both of us happy as we are hoping to do more touring here. She knows what it costs to do this sport & she's supportive of what I do, as am I with her interests. She's the best!

Its hard to say money isn't the issue, we both work and know that the bills have to be paid first. We have 5 children between us from different marriages, the older ones are 22, 21 and 20. The younger ones are 13 and 9.

The bigger issue is the time that riding takes away from family and each other. My solution was to try to get her on a bike, so we could at least enjoy riding together.

Here is the story

....the first bike, (we were engaged), I told her I was buying one. She either didn't believe me or wasn't listening. She almost had a heart attack.

Second bike, she came with me when I was looking, but again, don't think she believed I would do it. Not much she could say. That was when she decided to get her license and claim bike #1 as hers. I took her out and bought all her gear, paid for the course, she took to it very well.

But there was still the problem of the younger kids, not having them involved. So I racked my brain, whats a good way to have them involved too? Then it hit me, track days with maybe a chance of breaking into racing ( I'm kinda old for that but, hey, why not?) The kids could come and help out in the pits,etc etc.

So I bought a third (track bike), this time she was with me when I made the deal. Bad crash on my 2nd outing with the track bike (june 2014), I couldn't ride for a while, so she stopped riding. I was back in the saddle by september, but she refused to ride (even this spring). Its taken me a bit, but I've finally got her riding again. Kids are happy enough to stay at home and play video games, but its still a balancing act.

"My worst nightmare is that something will happen to me and my wife will sell my motorcycle for what I told her I paid for it." - Anonymous

As long as I raised my life insurance to over a million all was good.

"My worst nightmare is that something will happen to me and my wife will sell my motorcycle for what I told her I paid for it." - Anonymous
That's awesome! Lol

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Don't hide any expenses.

However I'm thrifty with my gear and scored some very decent alpinestars gear on flebay. However my jacket came from gpbikes on a sale, and I used a coupon which saved about $300 overall. (tech jacket).

Back
Top Bottom