FZ1 mods? | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ1 mods?

Zrgaloin

Hey guys, first time posting!
I was wondering if you have had any luck finding a good crash cage for the 1st gen fz1 since I've only been able to find the 905 ones but they just don't seem beefy enough for me(I don't stunt, I just have bad luck with people hitting my bike).

Also a good exhuast, I'd prefer a full exhaust but I haven't been able to find anything other than Yoshi's which I don't really want

Thanks!
Zrgaloin

Last edited:
I would say louder than both, especially the akra, but I don't think it'll sound as nice as an akra, and sure as heck not as nice as a termi :)

In that case I might go with the termi, I haven't heard it on an fz1 with any good quality even online but I have heard it on my buddies 696 and it sounds fantastic. Only problem now is gonna be trying to rejet

As a former owner of an 2002, the best source for info is the great FZOA website.

It was and most likely is still one of the most engaged owner group.

This bike had an incredible aftermarket offering and many bits could be found on the marketplace.

I had a Muzzy on mine with the Ivan's kit. PheonixFZ on GTA has one of the best sorted FZ1s with a full Muzzy. Olhins shocks and springs etc.

Enjoy the FZ1, it is such a good bike. We still hope for Gen 3 with the cross plane motor and the DNA of the Gen 1 but with abs etc.

Last edited:
As a former owner of an 2002, the best source for info is the great FZOA website.

It was and most likely is still one of the most engaged owner group.

This bike had an incredible aftermarket offering and many bits could be found on the marketplace.

I had a Muzzy on mine with the Ivan's kit. PheonixFZ on GTA has one of the best sorted FZ1s with a full Muzzy. Olhins shocks and springs etc.

Enjoy the FZ1, it is such a good bike. We still hope for Gen 3 with the cross plane motor and the DNA of the Gen 1 but with abs etc.

Unfortunately I never received a confirmation email after trying several times.
Whats installing the Ivan Kit like? I looked into it since with an exhaust I may as well do it but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew
Regardless this thing is fantastic, It handles like a dream and is comfortable but still damn quick

They are 2 kits available if I recall, one for a slipon and one for the full system. Plus get the block-off kit to remove the air injection. I did not install it myself but a good shop could do it. It comes with detailed instructions and if you do get on the site, a complete write up on how to install.

Try to get on the site.

My friend has the Leo Vince on his and it sounds great.

Header is going to be really hard to find. Dale (holeshot) is no longer making his. The guys at fz1oa are trying to organize a group buy so that would be your best bet. The muzzy header is the best though, period.

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136000&page=2

I have a fully sorted naked fz1 that I will probably be parting out over the winter to buy an Ivanized gen2. You may be interested in my Fehling crash bars (the best but also really hard to find).

They are great bikes, fast, bullet proof and cheap to insure.

Here is a link to my testing waters thread so you can see the parts I may have available if interested

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136425&highlight=feeler+thread

eitwxs.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions about these bikes. I know them pretty well...

Last edited:
They are 2 kits available if I recall, one for a slipon and one for the full system. Plus get the block-off kit to remove the air injection. I did not install it myself but a good shop could do it. It comes with detailed instructions and if you do get on the site, a complete write up on how to install.

Try to get on the site.

Hmm I'm going to look into them, Some people swear by the Ivan kits too.
And I just was able to sign up!

Header is going to be really hard to find. Dale (holeshot) is no longer making his. The guys at fz1oa are trying to organize a group buy so that would be your best bet. The muzzy header is the best though, period.

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136000&page=2

I have a fully sorted naked fz1 that I will probably be parting out over the winter to buy an Ivanized gen2. You may be interested in my Fehling crash bars (the best but also really hard to find).

They are great bikes, fast, bullet proof and cheap to insure.

Here is a link to my testing waters thread so you can see the parts I may have available if interested

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136425&highlight=feeler+thread

eitwxs.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions about these bikes. I know them pretty well...

Just signed up and posted on that thread so hopefully I'll have some headers soon hehe
I've been trying to find some but I've had no luck... Unless you would be willing to part with yours sooner. I'll pay you for your time? otherwise I'm considering just picking up the 905s
I'll take your entire brake system too but those crash bars I'd kill for, I'd be willing to pay you now haha

And Thanks man!

Hmm I'm going to look into them, Some people swear by the Ivan kits too.
And I just was able to sign up!

Just signed up and posted on that thread so hopefully I'll have some headers soon hehe
I've been trying to find some but I've had no luck... Unless you would be willing to part with yours sooner. I'll pay you for your time? otherwise I'm considering just picking up the 905s
I'll take your entire brake system too but those crash bars I'd kill for, I'd be willing to pay you now haha

And Thanks man!

I've got my eye on a second gen in Alberta that is cheap. If I can figure out shipping that isn't too much I may pull the trigger and start my part out.

There is nothing really wrong with the stock header on this bike, and exup actually works well down low. The best thing to do is:

Ivan's MB Kit
Ported intake boots
k&n air filter with airbox mod

I made 140whp on pro6's dyno like that. I only picked up a few more with the DW header and only above 8k. I lost a touch down around 5K but I don't care about that.

15/45 (-1 +1)is also the sweet spot imo for gearing if you do a lot of commuting.

Let's see some pics of the bike!

I've got my eye on a second gen in Alberta that is cheap. If I can figure out shipping that isn't too much I may pull the trigger and start my part out.

There is nothing really wrong with the stock header on this bike, and exup actually works well down low. The best thing to do is:

Ivan's MB Kit
Ported intake boots
k&n air filter with airbox mod

I made 140whp on pro6's dyno like that. I only picked up a few more with the DW header and only above 8k. I lost a touch down around 5K but I don't care about that.

15/45 (-1 +1)is also the sweet spot imo for gearing if you do a lot of commuting.

Let's see some pics of the bike!
I mean hey I'd be willing to ride it back for you for free haha

I wanna get headers because I have a leak and haven't had the chance to figure out where its coming from because its at the body shop(previous owner went for one last ride right and it went down with a thud which is why pics haven't gone up yet)
Which reminds me, the shifter peg broke off in the fall, should I just spring for a new assembly?

As for the ported intake boots, I'm probably gonna try an find a used intake to do it to because I like being able to undo anything I do

The sprockets are decent for now since my commutes are late night so I zip along

Back
Top Bottom