New bike is home | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New bike is home

pq2Ufxf.jpg

IKCLg9S.jpg

DoiHZ4b.jpg

FWIW, I would pit this bike against my track 1000. It's that quick. The 2013 is an awesome bike and very strong, this new bike is a whole other level of power in comparison. I have no doubt that you could put race plastics on this thing and do well in a supersport race.

Last edited:
Won't lie. Jealous. That's a nice bike but I'm still iffy about the color scheme. I dare say I like your old one more :dontknow:

I'm not going to argue with you there. But it's more bike... and it's pretty rare. 200 for the world.

It's definitely cool and I get the rarity. It's just the silver. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.... know what I'm sayin?

Yep. I do know that I have had a couple people nearly fall over, thumbs up from lots of people and guys in trucks beeping horns at me though. It resonates with some people, to be sure. I do love the look of the 2013 and if I can't sell it I won't be too upset... it will end up on a race track.

Wow. If anyone was wondering about racing this bike, here is the race ECU results. This is the RR so figure a hp or two just because the RF has a rear wheel that is a few pounds lighter (yes it matters). Check it out:

qoTUDRm.jpg

That's stock and without a full exhaust system, which is good for about 10whp still. Akrapovic and Aprilia have issued their package now, though Akra is not selling it without the race ECU codes (yet).

M4ahRpG.jpg

And the pipe is a new design, too... looks like this:

GcyPdwq.png

osqXxBw.png

I have always had an eye on these, since I got into owning bikes at least... Could easily see myself going to a Tuono for the long term. Any reason prices aren't posted on their site? Rough estimate?

I have always had an eye on these, since I got into owning bikes at least... Could easily see myself going to a Tuono for the long term. Any reason prices aren't posted on their site? Rough estimate?

No idea why prices aren't listed, I've seen both the RR and Factory Tuono in Ontario now. Wheelsport and Corsa Meccanica had them in/out of crates just last week. I think the Tuono Factory is a hell of a buy right now, personally... pricing is about $17K iirc, the RR being cheaper but with Sachs suspension instead of Ohlins (and with standard seating rather than the RSV4 tail). There's a guy that entered his TF1100 in the KTM open sprint class in europe and has been walking away with the events on a bone stock bike, versus bikes like the 1290 Super Duke and the RC8R. She's got legs, that's for sure.

He's been posting videos of his racing:

[video=youtube;B0tM0b6nvIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tM0b6nvIE[/video]

Last edited:
Every Factory I know of has flown off the floor, but hey, I am not a dealer and have no links to them either, so ... can't say. What I can say is that it's a pittance to go from the RR to the Factory and get the full Ohlins suspension... also the rear fairing pieces make it look a whole lot like the RSV4 RF with tall bars.

Which reminds me, a good friend of mine has resisted Aprilia a long time, he's a total Honda nut with a RC-30, RC-45 and NC-30. Every year down at the Gap he's asked me if I've had any troubles or regrets with my Tuono, of which there's been literally none. So this year when his buddy brought his Tuono to Grattan for some track time, he took a ride on it, knowing that a) Honda doesn't seem to want to build him another V4 and b) if he drank the kool-aid it might just taste too good to pass up. Long story short, he had a new-to-him Tuono in his garage a couple of weeks later and has already farkled it to hell and back. His wife tries to steal it on him at every opportunity. You really should take a go on one... the new 1100 is considerably more refined in many ways, FWIW, if you have the scratch to buy new.

Last edited:
Amazing looking bike. Can't beat that sound either.. I'm scared to take one for a test, because I may become obsessed with it..

Hopefully I can swing one of these in the next few years.. :D

EDIT:Today is FRIDAY, JUNE 3rd 2016. I will be getting my 2016 Tuono 1100 RF in a week or so. Glad it didn't take me years.. lol

Last edited:
Rode all day at 'bogie yesterday on my GSX-R and John Taverner's monstrous GSX-R and the thing that came to mind is that the new RSV4 feels stronger and quicker than either of them. It's no joke, this new bike is not the same level as the outgoing one at all. Both great bikes and really the older one is probably easier to use the most of, but .. wow, that is some comparison to be able to make.

Congratulations! Ride safe an stay on two wheels!

Working on the garage today, so I had the Italian girls out for a little sun.

yPdxeJh.jpg

9HNGWbA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom