New Stator Cover... hard to get off | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Stator Cover... hard to get off

Kramminn

Hi Guys,

I just ordered a new stator cover off ebay because my other one had a crack and was leaking oil. The OEM was like $240 and being the end of the season I just wanted to get back on the road then replace it with something better like a NRC.

So I installed the new one yesterday, and stupid me- I should have put lock tight on the bolts that hold down the stator. As you can imagine there is a some ratteling coming from the stator cover at idle from the loose bolts.

I am have and EXTREMELY hard time removing the cover now. All bolts are off. I did use a new gasket plus some silicon gasket ( a heavy coat ), iv tried cutting around it and its coming off the engine but its where the start motor slips in that one part it feels like the F*%#ing thing is welded on.

Can anyone share any tips or anything that can help get the damn thing off.

Heat is your best solution. Stator should be dry inside unless your seal is leaking.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Heat is your best solution. Stator should be dry inside unless your seal is leaking.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Sometimes cold too (bag with ice for a minute or two)...if there is an inner lip on the cover that sits inside the casing. A rubber mallot in a few different spots may help too.

Sometimes cold too (bag with ice for a minute or two)...if there is an inner lip on the cover that sits inside the casing. A rubber mallot in a few different spots may help too.

I tried the mallot , but not the ice. Ill see how that goes.

Be careful when removing the cover, there is a little washer on both sides of the starter idler gear that can fall down and plinko its way someplace you don't want to have to go. Also you are fighting a fairly strong magnet, it may take more force than you expect.

Back
Top Bottom