Recommend me a bike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommend me a bike

do you guys think that with the cb500f that after a while I would want to upgrade?

I had a ninja ex500 at one point (after my ninja 250) and it left a little to be desired, which is why I went to the R6. It wasn't a huge problem but I did notice it on the 401 when passing.

I don't think I will ever need a liter bike (famous last words) or anything like that....I enjoy twists far more than straights. But I'd like to buy a bike that keeps me going for a while without it feeling underpowered. I'm wondering if this means I should stick with 600 or bigger.

Last edited:
I'd day it depend son your riding style and what you enjoy the most. A friend of mine bought a cbr500r and while it's not horrible at all I would personally be bored of it in a short time. For a commuter though it has enough and is far better than the older ex500 bikes.

do you guys think that with the cb500f that after a while I would want to upgrade?

I had a ninja ex500 at one point (after my ninja 250) and it left a little to be desired, which is why I went to the R6. It wasn't a huge problem but I did notice it on the 401 when passing.

I don't think I will ever need a liter bike (famous last words) or anything like that....I enjoy twists far more than straights. But I'd like to buy a bike that keeps me going for a while without it feeling underpowered. I'm wondering if this means I should stick with 600 or bigger.
The 500 will not satisfy your need for power. You should get the 1000, power will never be an issue then.

I got bored with my CBR500R after about 2 mos of ownership. It was absolutely fine for highway riding, got great fuel economy etc, but I wanted more power, a more appealing I4 sound etc. There are lots of bikes in-between the 500 and 1000cc displacements; 650s, 750s, 800s etc. I find my current 800 checks all the boxes and I'm showing no signs of getting bored with it. It's not stupid-powerful but is more than quick enough for comfort on the highway, gets decent economy, my semi-faired Fazer gives good aero performance etc.

Only you know what will really appeal to you. I will say that while twisties are fun there aren't many around you can exploit (at least where I live...) If the primary purpose of the bike is a highway commute I'd err on the side of some extra mass, extra power (or perhaps more torque in the midrange...) and a comfortable rider-triangle than a racier model targeted toward twisties.

Not a lot for sale cause the bikes mentioned are good bikes. That seems like a fair price to me, although I don't know that much about triples.

you guys think this is a fair price?

I've been trying to come to some ideas of what I should budget, but honestly, there aren't a lot of triples for sale. Actually, there aren't a whole lot of any of the bikes mentioned in this thread. There are some, but I'm trying to stay somewhat close to home as well.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/london/street-triple/1096253274?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Bluebooktrader.com says:

2012 TRIUMPH Street Triple EFI

Retail Low: $5,980.00 Retail High: $7,176.00

That's actually a really good asking price by GTA standards. Most Kijiji prices are way above BBT guidelines.

that seems like a good price for that speed tripple, great bike too

Speed Triple....love that bike.

The CB500X is growing on me, adventure touring is pretty fun...
11889632_1024355530942614_4358719480392967929_n.jpg

So I'm still screwing around with insurance quotes before I realized I made a huge gaff and forgot to include my multi line discounts. Insurance for most bikes mentioned in this thread is actually quite reasonable (the cb500 coming in around $400).

The FZ-09 is still over $1200, I'm not sure what sets is apart because a 919 hornet is only $720.

After thinking more closely, I'm pretty sure I want to stay over 600cc....I think anything smaller might be less than ideal on the 401.

In any event, it sounds like I have the bulk of the recommendations in order...thanks guys.

Last edited:
So I'm still screwing around with insurance quotes before I realized I made a huge gaff and forgot to include my multi line discounts. Insurance for most bikes mentioned in this thread is actually quite reasonable (the cb500 coming in around $400).

The FZ-09 is still over $1200, I'm not sure what sets is apart because a 919 hornet is only $720.

After thinking more closely, I'm pretty sure I want to stay over 600cc....I think anything smaller might be less than ideal on the 401.

In any event, it sounds like I have the bulk of the recommendations in order...thanks guys.
A cb919 is a really fun bike with lots of power. I had one before I moved onto adventure bikes. Really quick, lots of torque no matter what gear your in, just twist the throttle and your moving....quick!

How is the FZ09 over 12 K? Are you adding financing?

Last edited:
Pretty sure he means his insurance is over $12 hundred, not $12 thousand.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he means his insurance is over $12 hundred, not $12 thousand.
Ah that makes more sense, I wasn't following the convo, just read that post. thanks

Back
Top Bottom