Strange "cooling down" sound cause? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Strange "cooling down" sound cause?

jc100

I've noticed that after a longish, reasonably speedy (highwayish speeds) run my bike makes a kind of intermittent mechanical "twang" noise coming from the rear half of the bike that I can hear once I switch off the engine. It does this for a little while then it stops.

Any idea what this could be? I don't see anything moving and it doesn't seem to be affecting the bike. I have a newish rear suspension unit which has more adjustment than the last one. Could that be making the noise? Do the spring and internals get hot enough to make odd noises when cooling down?

cheers in advance.

Its metal cooling down and contracting. Most vehicles make those pinging type noises after use. Probably mostly from your exhaust.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Its metal cooling down and contracting. Most vehicles make those pinging type noises after use. Probably mostly from your exhaust.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I just hadn't noticed it before....only recently. I've had this bike for 3 ish seasons now. It's not a ticking noise like a car...it's a proper kind of twang.

If you just change the rear suspension and immediately started noticing the noise after that, it's probably something to do with that.

If you had to muck with the exhaust to change the suspension, maybe it's just exhaust cooling noises now that you loosened it up.

If you just change the rear suspension and immediately started noticing the noise after that, it's probably something to do with that.

If you had to muck with the exhaust to change the suspension, maybe it's just exhaust cooling noises now that you loosened it up.

good point...the exhaust was removed. I'll double check the figment.

Did you find the source?

Back
Top Bottom