Tyson Laing of Peterborough - you made the headlines! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tyson Laing of Peterborough - you made the headlines!

I'm willing to bet if it was a guy in the car there would be no damage or story at all.

Dunno, seen some pretty vicious fights between male drivers, was in one myself after kicking the side of a car. Testosterone and ego is a bad combination sometimes.

I guess it would be manslaughter if you smacked at the persons rear brake lever while they smacked at your mirror?

People get really hot over nothing sometimes.

One thing the guy should keep in mind is that if convicted, he won't be allowed into the USA for some time. Some people may not care, but a necessary trip for work or a buddies vacation wedding will be problematic. Something to consider.

The reality:

If you are endangered by another motorist and report it to the police it is unlikely that anything will come of it.

1) Usually a he said / she said situation
2) No contact, no foul
3) Little chance of conviction so poor use of police resources
4) It is a traffic offence, not criminal so no lingering issues for the perp to worry about.

Instant retaliation has its merits.

1) The punishment is instant and is related to the action without time for the perp to rationalize their actions.

Why retaliation doesn't usually work.

1) The person is usually too stupid to realize that they were in the wrong.
2) Many people can instantly rationalize that their need to get to Walmart is more important than another's right to live.
3) The one retaliating puts themselves at physical risk. Cage vs bike. Concealed weapon.
4) Retaliation brings criminal charges that stick for life.
5) Retaliation increases the tension between riders and cagers in general. "I'll get him before he gets me."

The bottom line is that the world is full of self centred a-holes. Joining their club only makes it worse.

Learning to ride a bike is more than balance, throttle, clutch and brakes. It also includes developing the ability to assess, handle and accept risks.

End of sermon. Today's hymn will be number 143 in your hymnal.

Back
Top Bottom