Tyson Laing of Peterborough - you made the headlines! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tyson Laing of Peterborough - you made the headlines!

griff2

Banned
Tyson are you here? Your mom is going to be so proud!

[h=2]Motorcyclist charged in road rage incident[/h]
A motorcycle rider has been charged with mischief after a road rage incident July 8.​

City police say a woman was driving north on Highway 115 when she saw a motorcyclist make a gesture at her before speeding away.​

When she turned onto Airport Rd. she saw the motorcycle ahead of her. Both turned onto Spillsbury Dr., at which point the motorcyclist pulled over to let the woman pass him, police say.​

She pulled over, thinking he wanted to speak to her, but he zoomed past and punched the mirror on the side of her car, breaking it. She called police.​

Police later located a suspect.​

Tyson Laing, 20, of Talwood Crt. was arrested and charged with mischief. He is to appear in court Aug. 27.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2015/08/10/motorcyclist-charged-in-road-rage-incident

Last edited:
You hear about riders punching or kicking mirrors off "offending" cars but I usually just dismiss it as being macho big talk. Much to my surprise one actually made the news locally, just working to confirm a widely-held stereotype that motorcycle riders are uncivilized arrogant thugs.

Let's see how many here support the thug vs condemn him for this act of stupid thuggery.

And from Tyson's Facebook page, a confession of sorts.

11046618_10153168088708028_7645534710107591213_n.jpg

That's part of the issue. He probably read about lots of people doing it without consequences to them.

Of course, everything on the Internet has to be true, or we wouldn't be allowed to write it, would we?

Let's see how many here support the thug vs condemn him for this act of stupid thuggery.

Do you know any of the facts of the incident? Or just the fact he was charged? Are you a stupid thug yourself?

Question is, what did she do to deserve such attention in the first place? I know some days I feel like kicking people's mirrors off when they (a) cut me off then (b) give me the finger after I show my displeasure at said offense.

Question is, what did she do to deserve such attention in the first place? I know some days I feel like kicking people's mirrors off when they (a) cut me off then (b) give me the finger after I show my displeasure at said offense.

Did she give him the finger? The article puts it the other way.

Even if she did, what justifies escalating to breaking off a mirror? That seems extreme. Would she in turn be justified in escalating further by turning into the motorcycle and bouncing the bike into the ditch for punching her mirror?

I can easily see it escalate into that, youtube is full of videos showing such retaliation, but I can empathize with the riders frustration at the absolute disregard some motorists have towards others. Maybe he was cut-off for the 3rd time that day by someone on a cell phone, I know it's happened to me.

If he was smart he would say SFA to the Police, unless his DNA is all over the broken mirror...

Of course, the article is written from the POV of the driver only. Not condoning the actions of the rider nor do I condone the public shaming of him either. We don't know the full circumstances of the event and taking the word of the driver...who could have knocked off her own mirror for all we know - unlikely, but just saying. None of us were there and that is why we have a justice system. Let them sort it out.

So she followed him and then pulled over after getting flipped off thinking he just wanted to speak to her? There are usually two idiots in these types of incidents, I don't think she is an innocent victim like the article is trying to make her out to be.

So she followed him and then pulled over after getting flipped off thinking he just wanted to speak to her? There are usually two idiots in these types of incidents, I don't think she is an innocent victim like the article is trying to make her out to be.

If she thought she was guilty of doing something to him, why would she even think about pulling over? Would she not want to get away as quickly as possible?

It's far more probable that rider thug has anger management issues.

I love the folks who think when someone does something wrong in traffic near a rider that the knocking the mirror off is justified. Don't want charges, don't do stupid illegal ****. Duh.

If she thought she was guilty of doing something to him, why would she even think about pulling over? Would she not want to get away as quickly as possible?

It's far more probable that rider thug has anger management issues.

Possible, sure. Also possible that the driver thought she might get a date out of it. While we are speculating over trivial circumstances, what's the over/under that the Kylie Jenner Bunny will suffer an ugly death?

I love the folks who think when someone does something wrong in traffic near a rider that the knocking the mirror off is justified. Don't want charges, don't do stupid illegal ****. Duh.

Agreed.

Of course, the article is written from the POV of the driver only. Not condoning the actions of the rider nor do I condone the public shaming of him either. We don't know the full circumstances of the event and taking the word of the driver...who could have knocked off her own mirror for all we know - unlikely, but just saying. None of us were there and that is why we have a justice system. Let them sort it out.

Right-on brother!

2 weeks ago I had merged into the left lane on the 400 south after coming off the hwy 7 on ramp, was doing the same pace as the lane, but the guy now behind me did no appreciate the fact that I was in his lane.
I started to here this high pitched noise, and since I listen to music I couldn't identify it. Turns out it was this guys horn going for 20 seconds before he flew by me on the left hand shoulder and brake checked me. Luckily a quick swerve avoided him. Was very tempted to smash his mirror, ended up only turning it in.

Remember kids, smash down, not forwards. Forwards fucks with your balance.

It's one thing for two cagers to rage on each other while driving, however a cager and a biker raging is a tad more dangerous for the biker. That's what makes me angry. A cager brake checks another cager... possible crash with little to no injuries to either party... A cager brake checks a bike, the possibility of a fatality is very real...

A few weeks ago in the rain, I was on the QEW eastbound and got off at Hurontario... I was in the left lane of the two lanes on the off ramp. A cager cuts in front of me and I blast the horn at them... Sane people will immediately move back over into their lane. The car keeps on'a coming... horn still blasting as I am moving over towards the shoulder in the left lane. The cager eventually gets in front of me... I was a tad savage that they didn't give way, but hey... I can be 'somewhat' forgivable. Then, as I was directly behind this slime ball, with little room to spare, they deliberately brake checked me... in the faking rain even! I was faking LIVID! I pull up beside the car and have a look... it was a guy. He was waving a camera around. WTF??? So what, he is saying he has pics because 'I' did something wrong? Bwaahahahah! Seriously??? I gave him the bird and thought, here you go buddy, take a picture of this! See, this is now the time this guy needed to have his car damaged or a baseball bat to the head... bottom feeders like this should not be able get away with such actions... I wish I had the helmet cam on at the time... Figures, the one time I 'really' needed it and didn't have it. If it wasn't raining at the time, I would have followed this guy to make him soil his panties...

This guy endangered my life... where are 'his' charges????????????? SMH...

Last edited:
Wow.. first 3 posts were the Op. Name in the subject.... I take it he banged your girlfriend.

Wow.. first 3 posts were the Op. Name in the subject.... I take it he banged your girlfriend.
Probably just an angry little troll - I am sure the woman in the car did nothing to provoke the situation and she was so surprised when it happened lol wink!.

God I hate people

I'm willing to bet if it was a guy in the car there would be no damage or story at all.

Back
Top Bottom