Windows 10 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Windows 10

There is selling data and then there's giving security access to your systems, should someone use your wifi to access illegal content (and what will be illegal may change with the new TPP talks) you can be on the hook for some exorbitant legal fees to defend yourself even if you are found innocent of any wrong doing. better to keep your stuff locked down.

then there's the whole downloading pirated content
TPP?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Trans pacific partnership. Our government is in secret talks with other governments in regards to this. It doesn't look good for the consumer and it looks like it will only benefit rich multinational companies.
Thanks

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Yeah, TPP is a trade agreement that's been cooking for years with many, many riders on IP laws that seem to mostly benefit US corporations... plus the whole negotiation in secrecy thing isn't suspicious at all

I wanna switch to microsoft edge but I hate how it you can't get an adblocker on it.

Unless someone's found a way.

windows 10 shares a number of things, like your bandwidth (if you have x many gigs a month you may want to note this) and your wifi passwords with friends of your friends http://windows.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/everything-you-need-disable-windows-10-0163552/

Word on the net is that MS is still plundering some info from Win 10 users regardless of privacy settings.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...iable-data-microsoft-despite-privacy-settings

And

http://localghost.org/posts/a-traffic-analysis-of-windows-10

I'll try to upgrade to 10 offline, and if I can't then I'm sticking with 7.

Windows 10 is amazing on my lenovo mix 2. I really hated 8.1. I used it manly with vag-com and garmin basecamp, but now it's a nice all around device. I wish a nice navigation app would cone out for it. Ideally garmin so I can load OSM maps.

Allot of the reports about how bad windows 10 is for privacy are over stated they really arn't taking or scanning copies of your local files to look for copy righted material unless you are using the cloud service then they are using obfuscated key word scanning in you email and Docs to sell you stuff google does this too. The EULA that states they will look into your **** if they suspect you of interfering with their servers or service or if asked to by law enforcement is a standard thing in all platforms APPLE and Google have almost identical statements

However it is noisy in other ways and has a allot of features like their peer distribution system that is is turned on by default and is WAY to hard to turn of for such an bandwidth intensive thing. Thats the big criticism is that its been way to hard to turn off.

You can turn off just about all their crap simply with the following tool and its windows certified . You can even turn of internet access to their DRM tool witch i recommend

http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Trans pacific partnership. Our government is in secret talks with other governments in regards to this. It doesn't look good for the consumer and it looks like it will only benefit rich multinational companies.

Is it protecting rich multinational companies from other people misappropriating, then buying and selling, the multinationals' things, as their own, or is there more to it?

I'm still on 7, but have reserved my copy. I'm hoping that the issues get straightened out.
The kids had an issue with the existing antivirus not being compatible, but the av company straightened it out real quick.

Is it protecting rich multinational companies from other people misappropriating, then buying and selling, the multinationals' things, as their own, or is there more to it?

I'm still on 7, but have reserved my copy. I'm hoping that the issues get straightened out.
The kids had an issue with the existing antivirus not being compatible, but the av company straightened it out real quick.

Extending copyright length which stifles innovation, then there's also fair use issues and much more, read the issues, don't just take my word for it. One example is say copying your CD-ROM onto your MP3 player (which is now illegal in the UK). Both formats are digital and you're not distributing content so I fail to see why there's an issue putting content on a different device.

I like Win 10, a HUGE improvement from Win 8 and an improvement over 7... from my limited use. I like the look, very slick and modern, no more tiles for non touch devices. Runs very fast on my i7 PC. I have done nothing heavy with it so cannot comment on that. Have not used the new browser, not interested in learning something new when Chrome works for my PC needs. I think Windows got it right with this and it will only improve. Looks like they actually listened to peoples outrage about Win 8.

Many people who went from 8/8.1 -> 10 were OK with it. Not so much from 7 -> 10. Heard of, and know a few people who went from 7->10 and have compatibility issues along with occasional blue screens.

Many bugs to work out but I'll stick with 7 :)

Extending copyright length which stifles innovation, then there's also fair use issues and much more, read the issues, don't just take my word for it. One example is say copying your CD-ROM onto your MP3 player (which is now illegal in the UK). Both formats are digital and you're not distributing content so I fail to see why there's an issue putting content on a different device.

Most people would rip CD/DVDs with the intent to redistribute/share.
Assuming you're legit and have a copy of a track, if a friend wanted it (assuming they're legit as well) would you say "Hey, I have it, just take it from my computer", or "Go to HMV and buy it yourself"?

Then again... Who buys music nowadays?

Assuming you're legit and have a copy of a track, if a friend wanted it (assuming they're legit as well) would you say "Hey, I have it, just take it from my computer", or "Go to HMV and buy it yourself"?

Ironically music sales have never been higher, because it's never been easier to BUY music. The rest is just hooey because the middle men are taking the biggest hit.

Most people I know ripped their cd collection to put on their MP3 players because who uses portable CD players anymore? Sharing is just a small byproduct and to share an entire collection is inconvenient. Most people are just going to grab the song off YouTube or some sharing site.

Most people I know ripped their cd collection to put on their MP3 players because who uses portable CD players anymore? Sharing is just a small byproduct and to share an entire collection is inconvenient. Most people are just going to grab the song off YouTube or some sharing site.

I'm sure it is more convenient for a person to right click, compress the collection in a zip, and sharing with a couple/tens/hundreds/thousands of people than to go out to buy those albums or even download it off youtube one at a time.

Not that I really care, but it is what it is... The moment the big record companies say "go ahead, rip the music and share it" is the day their profits plunge from the not so tech savvy people as well as their online sales.

A whole lot of money is dumped in to take down people posting copyrighted music online, there's no reason for them to start allowing people and providing the resources and rights to do so. The people posting copyrighted music on youtube aren't doing it for free, or to share. They're doing it to make a profit in views/ads. (unless it's the record company posting it)

Last edited:

I'd argue the opposite about innovation, so you'd have to come up with a convincing argument for it stiffling it.

The Cd rom thing sounds like it's going after people who copy music onto a device and then sell the device.

The cops weren't knocking on people's doors when they moved their record collections onto tapes, for personal use.

But they did go after people who would then sell the tapes. Unfortunately, it's still very lucrative to be in that business, even with the current fines etc.

I know people who have their entire music collections on a portable hard-drive.
I doubt that it would be too much trouble to copy the entire drive and then sell them.

Movies are probably even worse off, with people selling them for a couple of bucks a piece on a DVD,
before they're even officially released.

Back
Top Bottom