Scooter owners... what do you ride, and where do you go? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scooter owners... what do you ride, and where do you go?

Scoot looks bigger than a 150 in the pics.
Been thinking of taking my BIL's Sym 250 as he is thinking of selling.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

She's a good size... not too big but not too small. Fits my 5' 10.5" frame. Taller riders may be a bit cramped.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Sym's are a decent brand. All the Taiwan made stuff is top drawer. As long as you're secure in your manhood, you'll love riding it. They make riding and light touring an easy and enjoyable experience.

Read here if interested:

http://www.scooterunderground.ca/knowledge/Who_SYM.htm

Last edited:
My SYM HD200 currently has 40k km and engine is running better than new. So far no issues, and all she needed was consumable parts and oil change every 1000km. I spent a week touring/camping Northern Ontario and went off roading in north end of Gatineau Park. Needless to say the plastics fell off and I had to use duct tape to hold them up. Came home, drilled holes in the panels and use zip ties to stitch them together. IMG_0372.jpgIMG_0374.jpg

Last edited:
My SYM HD200 currently has 40k km and engine is running better than new. So far no issues, and all she needed was consumable parts and oil change every 1000km. I spent a week touring/camping Northern Ontario and went off roading in north end of Gatineau Park. Needless to say the plastics fell off and I had to use duct tape to hold them up. Came home, drilled holes in the panels and use zip ties to stitch them together. View attachment 37373View attachment 37374

Seems to be a well built scooter based on the abuse you gave it. I'm not sure I'd do that to my SMAX, but it's good to know they're not incapable of a little rough stuff.

I no nothing of scooters, but surely that's a typo...

Nah, It's just so easy that many scooter riders choose to change the oil frequently, especially if riding their scooters hard. The capacity of an average 150-200cc scooter is only 1 litre of oil, or less. After break-in, I'll be switching to full synthetic and changing the oil every 3000 km.

Here's an "off road" scoot we'll never see, but if I had a choice, I'd rather import the lovely specimen standing next to it!
Gosh dang that's ugly, but most dual sports are. :)

Yamaha TTX
yamaha-off-road-scooter-23-Copy.jpg

yamaha-off-road-scooter-12.JPG

Here's an "off road" scoot we'll never see, but if I had a choice, I'd rather import the lovely specimen standing next to it!
Gosh dang that's ugly, but most dual sports are. :)

Yamaha TTX
yamaha-off-road-scooter-23-Copy.jpg

yamaha-off-road-scooter-12.JPG

Now that's a scoot I'd ride! Minus the digital camo. :D

Nah, It's just so easy that many scooter riders choose to change the oil frequently, especially if riding their scooters hard. The capacity of an average 150-200cc scooter is only 1 litre of oil, or less. After break-in, I'll be switching to full synthetic and changing the oil every 3000 km.

Still seems a bit excessive...my CBR250RA only took 1.5L or so, and I still changed it every 5000-7000km (Honda said I could even go 10,000km according to the manual, if I wanted).

Johnny, always knew you would get a scoot. What else you got in the stable? Long time passes my friend. Caledonia....

Last edited:
Hey J; how are the 50cc racers?

... scooter only... starting from scratch so to speak. :)

Haaaa, working on a MB5 right now. A Few putt putts around with a gaggle of scoots and a couple small sport bikes to terrify Caledonia. Drop in sometime if going through this way.

You have too many toys! :)
I always wanted a Buell Blast... I assume she's still rolling?
I was thinking about you the other day as I was browsing Kijiji looking for a deal on an older Tomos. What a shame that the company produced such absolute garbage the last few years and then packed up shop leaving owners in the lurch.

Blast lives in Milton now. Small Kwacker (01), small CBR plus the scoots (3).
If you find a older Tomos I have a new 70 cc reed kit plus an assortment of pipes as well as a newer low milage kick start motor which would make a great start for mods. Probably some other stuff still kicking around. Plastics i have also which are serviceable. Remember we are scooter friendly here in Caledonia as well.

Last edited:
nice stable. CBR eh? Having fun?

Back
Top Bottom