CSBK at CTMP August 14-16 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK at CTMP August 14-16

Exaggerating slightly with the two washrooms, there are a few more than that. Lack of concession stands though is an issue if you don't bring a cooler, plus the food they sell sucks. Worst tasting burger ever, i tried it twice cause i couldn't believe how ****** the first one was.

90.7 FM on a good old fashioned radio.

There are a few choice spots where you get more than a two second view of the bikes, spot we had Sunday was ideal.

Paid $50 for a three day pass, complete bargain in my books.

Well ..... Supposedly this is the premium race track, not only locally but canada wide, but to provide two public washrooms for the whole park and complete lack of adequte public speaker system to provide relevant commentary are I presume just few reasons. I am not gonna say large TVs or two before someone calls me crazy.

So, what you get is a crowd of people friends who hook up to go seeing and hear racers once in two or so minutes for a few seconds .... It's probably enough for an enthusiast, but for someone with choices of entertainment and not having to drive far in traffic on a busy weekend, people can do better for 35$ Per ....

It's not looking bright I would say.

The one downfall of CTMP is that you can't see the action on the entire track. Shannonville is good for that. But as suggested a radio on 90.7 gives you broadcast. Heck we were under a speaker and couldn't hear it over the sound of the bikes so the speaker system is really irrelevant.

There are great viewing spots around the track. We enjoyed Turn 2 into 3 from the hill. Went to Moss' to watch 4, 5A, 5B and down the back straight. But this year the flat spot at T8, T9 and T10 was our favourite.

The price gives you an entire day of wandering the pits and then races. We got our money worth.

That said tho, I also always lament that they could do more. Washrooms? Didn't have any issues with that. What would it take tho to have more vendors? Food but also motorcycle related. Heck offer up space to the retailers for free. Imagine a big crowd spending the downtime shopping for gear.

Some cooling stations.

Just comparing it to what you see at big venues like MotoGP Austin, Indianapolis, Suzuka.

Adding to what others said, you can also download the race monitor app and keep track of the laptimes as the race is going on, I used it for every race and gave me a good idea of how the pace was from all riders. Agreed with Bakaboy, the spot at turn 8,9 and 10 is the best one. Had a blast and didn't mind paying at all, a movie with the wife these days is pretty much more expensive.
Well ..... Supposedly this is the premium race track, not only locally but canada wide, but to provide two public washrooms for the whole park and complete lack of adequte public speaker system to provide relevant commentary are I presume just few reasons. I am not gonna say large TVs or two before someone calls me crazy.

So, what you get is a crowd of people friends who hook up to go seeing and hear racers once in two or so minutes for a few seconds .... It's probably enough for an enthusiast, but for someone with choices of entertainment and not having to drive far in traffic on a busy weekend, people can do better for 35$ Per ....

It's not looking bright I would say.

Just comparing it to what you see at big venues like MotoGP Austin, Indianapolis, Suzuka.

I'm trying not to do that (but I subconsciously did I guess), because it would be unfair, in my opinion, like a day and night comparison. If you cater to some 50K plus, or 130K visitors like in Brno just a week ago, a day, you have to be on your A game. And they are, they do that very well.

All I was thinking of, just an improvement in a few areas. The fact of two washrooms came from from people who camped there the whole weekend, so I don't think they were exaggerating. Perhaps somewhere someplace there might have been another spot, but maybe way too far from the bottom of between 2 and 3.

I didn't personally mind 35$, if I did, I would not bother coming.

Back
Top Bottom