Leaked documents show Uber is having losses at greater rates than revenues | GTAMotorcycle.com

Leaked documents show Uber is having losses at greater rates than revenues

Concac

Interesting news regarding Uber. As everyone notice, Uber has been hyped recently with the international expansion and enormous valuation.

VC poured money in like a dot com boom.... Are we gonna see a new bubble with this peer to peer economy?

Has anyone here used Uber? Or AirBnB?

Uber motorcycle for single passenger??

I love uber, I refuse to take cabs any more hopefully they all go out of business.

Oh, I like :) Would work for ANYONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE BAGGAGE. I wonder if they make a helmet that's a universal size? Could work like reebok pump shoes?? :)

That would exclude about every one of my exes.

Not really a surprise to anyone, given how on the one hand their operations are being restricted in many places and on the other, how much they've gotta be spending on lawyers. Maybe they wouldn't have had to spend so much on lawyers if they didn't corporately behave like a screaming three year-old.

Interesting news regarding Uber. As everyone notice, Uber has been hyped recently with the international expansion and enormous valuation.

VC poured money in like a dot com boom.... Are we gonna see a new bubble with this peer to peer economy?

Has anyone here used Uber? Or AirBnB?

I've used AirBnB - rented a sweet 2 bedroom condo in Montreal for what a nice hotel room would have cost.

Sorry. I saw other thread that's non related motorcycle such as ice cream on here....so i'm confused
Sorry if my comment seemed harsh, I'm on an anti-spam rant today after a limo company decided to advertise in my motorcycle facebook group, and when I confronted him about it, he thought it was perfectly acceptable?!

I apologize.

I love uber, I refuse to take cabs any more hopefully they all go out of business.

That's not good for local economy right?

Traditionally the overhead of the taxi industry stay with the local goverment. Not to mention job security, pensions and all that jazz

Last edited:
I've used AirBnB - rented a sweet 2 bedroom condo in Montreal for what a nice hotel room would have cost.

Has anyone here been a host?

I looked it up and sadly most airbnb hosts are violating their by-laws.

The bed and breakfast establishment is regulated by zoning bylaw. And the zones that allow such business is very limited. Most condos in downtown are also prohibited by their boards

That's not good for local economy isn't it?

Traditionally the overhead of the taxi industry stay with the local goverment. Not to mention job security, pensions and all that jazz

Taxi driver job security and pensions? Uber revenues mostly stay not with local government but with local residents.

Taxi driver job security and pensions? Uber revenues mostly stay not with local government but with local residents.

The burden on the goverment to collect those income correctly. Not to mention the liability with the service. The anti Uber group argue that people love the ideas but no one wants take responsibility when incidents happen.

Uber effectively does not employ anyone. They argue they just provide a marketplace.... I think regulators need to to make new legislation soon. We're talking about peer to peer economy as a whole.

I suspect they are open to local guerrila knock offs. Somebody is going to open source a ride hook app that is not proprietary and poof goes Uber.

I hope this is not true. Im a huge fan of Uber and ever since i used it the first time, never called a cab.

I hope this is not true. Im a huge fan of Uber and ever since i used it the first time, never called a cab.

Dont worry another group will take its place. peer to peer is here to stay in the long run however Uber it self will probably be a victim of the bubble. I hear lyft is much better and the drivers get paid better.

Back
Top Bottom