Vance & Hines CS1 Urban Brawler 2014 Ninja 636 & Power Commander | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vance & Hines CS1 Urban Brawler 2014 Ninja 636 & Power Commander

xX-GMan-Xx

Site Supporter
I'm looking to buy the Vance & Hines CS1 Urban Brawler for my 636; has anyone already got it?

Will I need a Power Commander with the slip on?
(my mechanic told me with Akrapovic exhausts Power Commander is not required as they are high quality exhausts)

Now on the website they only have it for models upto 2013, I'm guessing it shudnt make a difference as 13 & 14 are pretty much the same bikes....

I'm looking to buy the Vance & Hines CS1 Urban Brawler for my 636; has anyone already got it?
That's pretty ugly. Is it even a muffler at all? Looks like $5 at princess auto and you can get the same thing, just in chrome.

Will I need a Power Commander with the slip on?
Do you NEED it, no. Would one help the performance? Yep. Is it what I'd recommend? NOPE. Get your ECU flashed, remove all the restrictions, load in a proper fuel map. It'll be WAY better than a power commander. $100 in Niagara Falls. Let me know if you want his contact info.

(my mechanic told me with Akrapovic exhausts Power Commander is not required as they are high quality exhausts)
It's not to do with the "quality" but with what backpressure they provide. Akrapovic with the baffle installed (as well as Leo Vince) provide lots of back pressure so it doesn't throw the tune off as much as a full open exhaust. Hardly anyone runs a muffler with the baffle installed ;)

Now on the website they only have it for models upto 2013, I'm guessing it shudnt make a difference as 13 & 14 are pretty much the same bikes....
Correct.

If you're looking for a cheap/barely real muffler: https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_21_59&products_id=264

That's pretty ugly. Is it even a muffler at all? Looks like $5 at princess auto and you can get the same thing, just in chrome.

If you really think abt it.. Exhausts are just glorified pipes, that channel gasses from the combustion chamber out to the lungs of ur buddy riding behind you..
Now if my buddy wants to inhale those gasses from a pretty looking Akra, he can sponsor the product...

Bro, Vance & Hines look way better than what's on the other end of the link above... I like the look of pipes kinda tucked down and not too prominent.
There's a difference between not spending too much and just being plain cheap.. :eek:

It's not to do with the "quality" but with what backpressure they provide. Akrapovic with the baffle installed (as well as Leo Vince) provide lots of back pressure so it doesn't throw the tune off as much as a full open exhaust. Hardly anyone runs a muffler with the baffle installed ;)

Vance Hines has an optional noise suppressor, I'm guessing it'll be a good idea to get one to create some back pressure as you mentioned. I don't necessarily need a loud pipe, I just don't like the look of this huge muffler sticking out of the right rear side...

Back
Top Bottom