First time at the Forks today | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First time at the Forks today

Many, many moons ago, there was a fabulous breakfast place on Highway 10 near the Forks, iirc. Great prices and HUGE servings. Anyone know if it's still there?

Yes it is.

Don`t think it has regular hours. Seems to be mostly open weekends.

Not sure if they have done anything about the flies.(3 years ago) more flies than customers.

Just found this.

http://caledonfamilyrestaurant.foodpages.ca/

Thanks!
Yeah, looks like owners changed a few years back. Iirc, there is a Flapjacks at 10 & Bovaird. Wonder if that's the old owners. Anyway, reviews were a couple years old, but decent. A little weary of flies though. I think I may have to take the family and give it a try. Thanks everyone.

I found so many nice roads just north of Kingston I can ride on for a while before even seeing another car or even a house. let's just say my 2nd gear tops out at 175km/hr ish..
Tell me about it, I went to calabogie today from 41 highway direction, not wanting to travel 41 home, I took the back roads down to westport, found number 12 that leads into 8...wow great road. I swear that I must have did the best roads that Ontario has to offer today. Just off 41 I really enjoyed 71 and 65.

Many, many moons ago, there was a fabulous breakfast place on Highway 10 near the Forks, iirc. Great prices and HUGE servings. Anyone know if it's still there?

Just north of Orangeville near Hockley road is a place called "The Nifty Nook" I haven't been there in a few years but it was a good breakfast back then.

The largest breakfast on the menu was $10 and it came on a pizza platter.

Forks is nice for a leisurely jaunt. There's a nice 16 km twisty road up by Shelburne for those interested. It's called River Road and it starts in Hornings Mills.

Enjoy :)

Could you provide a list of such suitably twisty and short roads in those Toronto subdivisions, not counting the bicycle paths of course.

Sure... right in the middle of Toronto go to Ennerdale Rd and Holmesdale Rd (Caledonia/Rogers area) and you will find steep uphill streets and tight curves. I know because I rip them apart late at night when I want some adrenaline in my veins.

Sure... right in the middle of Toronto go to Ennerdale Rd and Holmesdale Rd (Caledonia/Rogers area) and you will find steep uphill streets and tight curves. I know because I rip them apart late at night when I want some adrenaline in my veins.

No kidding!

When is the best day of the week and time to go?

Do you have a regular time and day slot you use for your rips?

No kidding!

When is the best day of the week and time to go?

Do you have a regular time and day slot you use for your rips?

Yikes! Adrenaline rush ripping Peggy a new one? Goosebumps over here.

Tell me about it, I went to calabogie today from 41 highway direction, not wanting to travel 41 home, I took the back roads down to westport, found number 12 that leads into 8...wow great road. I swear that I must have did the best roads that Ontario has to offer today. Just off 41 I really enjoyed 71 and 65.
Yea there are some nice roads in that area. Took a trip back from Ottawa a couple of years back an truly enjoyed, the problem is that at the same distance you can do a day trip to PA

few years back went to a GTAM meet, once the regular eating was done everyone was pumped about the ride to come, so I said it's late but sure I am gamed thinking I was about to ride north of the city, they proceeded to start riding through the residentials areas in North york, nothing more stupid than to see a line of powerful motorcycles slowly crusing through residential corners with people in full suits pushing their knees down like they are about to take a corner at 200km/hr 3xcept that it was 20km/hr, i left and never went riding with what I now call "the ice cream riders"

Yea there are some nice roads in that area. Took a trip back from Ottawa a couple of years back an truly enjoyed, the problem is that at the same distance you can do a day trip to PA
I hope to have everything in line and 15 year old ticket taken care of in NY so I can pass over and not worry next summer.

Back
Top Bottom