Automotive Dealers and Service Surveys | GTAMotorcycle.com

Automotive Dealers and Service Surveys

nakkers

Site Supporter
Ok. I known these things are created by the mothership to gauge how well their dealership network is doing but, I have to say WTF?

My experience is with Ford and VW

I go to various dealerships of both brands from London/Hamilton/St Catharines. Al of them. ALL of them want you to provide feedback on their service.

And they provide little leaflets that instruct participants that the only acceptable answer is 10 out of 10. If not, you need to contact the service manager to see if there was anything they could have done better and hopefully change your mind to give them a 10 anyways.

A 9? Or 2? The mothership is sending them packing. There will be public hangings.

So what's the point of providing a grade scale between 10 and 1 with 10 being the best score? If it was ok, wouldn't that make sense to give a 5?

I mean, there was free coffee and they washed my car. I didn't make an appointment and they fit me in. And oil change, tire rotation and cabin filter still set me back $200 so, I'm not jumping up and down with excitement and rhino if the dealer gave me a perfect performance to justify giving them 10s across the board.

Isn't the point of a survey to obtain real feedback and information? Doesn't seem so?

Anyways, I just tossed the survey like all the previous ones. The dealer doesn't seem interest in any submitted unless they are perfect.

Just airing out my thought on this. The world continues to turn with or without this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's the point of providing a grade scale between 10 and 1 with 10 being the best score? If it was ok, wouldn't that make sense to give a 5?

I think the answer to this question is the apparently antagonistic relationship between the dealer and the manufacturer. I'm guessing, anyway - I've never had that conversation and I try not to think of car salesfolk as people

The surveys go back to the mfg where they compete for money and other benefits against other dealerships around the country. Lot of money at stake so they don't want to pollute the surveys with negative feedback.
Went back to the CUstomer Satisfaction Survey where we would do everything to get a good score and your dealer is mentioned as well as preferred promotions for being the 'best'. It was out there on New Car Sales when I was doing it back in 2003-2006 and it was a big deal for us.

As far as I can tell they don't give a damn what you put on the survey, anyway.

As far as I can tell they don't give a damn what you put on the survey, anyway.

Funny that you say that.

I actually managed a service centre for 3-4 years that every issue called into the centre would generate a survey back out to the caller. We would get anywhere between a 15-20% responding rate on all surveys sent. The surveys had filters and all 'great' or 'good' surveys would go into buckets. We never read those. the ones in the middle we classified them but in general would not read those either. The ones with the 1's and 2's, if they contained comments I would read EVERY NEGATIVE feedback coming back. I would PERSONALLY call the affected person to rectify the issue. This was in the financial services industry.

Personally. For those survey cards (online or in paper) if I am sitting there waiting for my car or something I will fill it out. I start at 5 out of 10 if they just did there job. its easy to go to 6 or 7 if your just nice about it. to get a 10 you'd have to bend over backwards for me. I rarely send out things in the 1's and 2's since you'd really have to F'up the issue.

Back
Top Bottom