Help a noob bleed brakes, please | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help a noob bleed brakes, please

People are very self centered and entitled these days, I believe that to be the reason.
I've made so many offers here & people don't even respond. Maybe they don't take me seriously. That's alright because I have better things to do with my time than having stranger over

I have a great mechanic that lets me watch what he does and he gives me tips. I had him do my brakes the first time and he used a vacuum system (used with a compressor/venture valve) to bleed them and it was so easy. I'll be getting one to use for myself if I see one on sale. He mentioned he uses it for any other fluid clean up too as it makes the fluid easy to dispose of.

I've made so many offers here & people don't even respond. Maybe they don't take me seriously. That's alright because I have better things to do with my time than having stranger over

If you made me an offer, I would respond / take you up on it. No homo.
*side note* did the shed ever get bought/ built?

Doh... So i'm a little late to the party... Didn't know you were having an issue bleeding the brakes. I have a vacuum pump that I use for that. Took me about 5 minutes for the front and back on the GS1000.

boyoboy's method definitely works though.... I'm just lazy and I was doing it myself.

You guys bleed your brakes?

People are very self centered and entitled these days, I believe that to be the reason.

Agreed. Several times I've taken my truck to go help a member purchase/pick up a used bike. One got ****** at me because I couldn't go "tonight", Barrie to London on a whim for a stranger. I've done it twice with another member, his first bike, then his 2nd two years later. We had a good time, he bought the coffee, now we're friends and ride together occasionally.
I recently gave my 1985 fz750 to the 22 year old up the street, it's been in my shed for a few years, in boxes. In two weeks he had it running and insured, I know for a fact the amount of money and work he did all by himself to complete it. Last weekend he was riding by and saw my wife just starting to cut the lawn, pulled over, grabbed the mower and cut front and back lawns for her. He's helped me out a few times over the years when I needed labour, I know he really appreciated the "bike in a box", says he'll never sell it, it's his first bike and he built it.

Agreed. Several times I've taken my truck to go help a member purchase/pick up a used bike. One got ****** at me because I couldn't go "tonight", Barrie to London on a whim for a stranger. I've done it twice with another member, his first bike, then his 2nd two years later. We had a good time, he bought the coffee, now we're friends and ride together occasionally.
I recently gave my 1985 fz750 to the 22 year old up the street, it's been in my shed for a few years, in boxes. In two weeks he had it running and insured, I know for a fact the amount of money and work he did all by himself to complete it. Last weekend he was riding by and saw my wife just starting to cut the lawn, pulled over, grabbed the mower and cut front and back lawns for her. He's helped me out a few times over the years when I needed labour, I know he really appreciated the "bike in a box", says he'll never sell it, it's his first bike and he built it.

always good to read something like this. thank god the GTAM attitude doesnt apply to actual riders on the street. (for the most part)

Fwiw, Iceman, that member has also been vocal on here about his appreciation, and that's good to see as well. I always try to thank the guys on here that have been kind enough to give some advice to me on the forum. Or take my call while I'm lost in Princess Auto ?
Edit: Just reread my post. Did not mean to sound like I'm tooting my own horn. Point was trying to make is agree that it's good for people to appreciate others. I also try to instill that into my kids.

Last edited:
Doh... So i'm a little late to the party... Didn't know you were having an issue bleeding the brakes. I have a vacuum pump that I use for that. Took me about 5 minutes for the front and back on the GS1000.

boyoboy's method definitely works though.... I'm just lazy and I was doing it myself.

gs1000 eh...are you old enough to remember wes cooley stomping everybody at mosport? nice ride

Guaranteed you are are not closing the valve before releasing the lever

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

It's like trying to give stuff away on Kijiji. Usually not worth it. I swear I've had like 10 people say they will come pick something up and then they never show up. Sometimes they even BEG you to give them the item and then they just suddenly disappear.

Or the free item doesn't include enough free stuff or isn't top of the line or something and then people get annoyed. Why people think I would give away brand new, top of the line, stuff, makes no sense.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom