Disagreeing with feminist might land you in jail!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disagreeing with feminist might land you in jail!!!

i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_20.jpg

I hesitate to comment on this, because it peripherally involves something with Games and Swinging Fence Apertures that draws people from the other side of the freaking internet to have the same argument that's played out 1000x elsewhere.

I am having serious trouble understanding what exact action Elliot took that could be construed as criminal harassment, however. If it's the tweet where he called the shame campaign vicious... then, like... how would that shame campaign not ALSO be criminal harassment?!

Maybe it's super obvious and I'm just only mentally firing on one bank of cylinders

I hesitate to comment on this, because it peripherally involves something with Games and Swinging Fence Apertures that draws people from the other side of the freaking internet to have the same argument that's played out 1000x elsewhere.

I am having serious trouble understanding what exact action Elliot took that could be construed as criminal harassment, however. If it's the tweet where he called the shame campaign vicious... then, like... how would that shame campaign not ALSO be criminal harassment?!

Maybe it's super obvious and I'm just only mentally firing on one bank of cylinders

Well Toronto police testified that he did not harras these women in any kind of physical or sexual way and he did not even use foul language.

So basically he disagreed with them politically and they took that as harassment.

Apparently they were the ones harrasing him by calling his potential employers (as a freelance desginer) and telling them he is sexist and a woman hater. And one of their supporters supposadly pretended to be a 13 yrs old girl to get him to act like a paedophile which didnt work out.

Again, based on police testimony, he did not harass them.

Then why was he even charged? How did this make it to trial?

I think most feminists have daddy issues

This is the only mention I've found so far of Elliott's transgressions...

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ns_boil_over_in_twitter_harassment_trial.html

"Shortly after, Elliott created the Twitter hashtag #FascistFeminists in relation to Guthrie and her friends.

One of Elliott’s final tweets involving Guthrie was in response to another person calling him a “perv and a sad little man.” He answered: “You are wrong on all counts. Go listen to (Guthrie) play her s--- music in crappy bars with your loser faux-feminist friends.”"

This can't be what they went to trial on, though

Disagreements make no one happy. Just look around GTAM, what more proof do you need? I say throw the book at him.

I have a fear of feminist. I believe truly they are threatening my existence because I'm an adult male. How can I report this to the proper authorities so they can lay charges? I think they should be jailed to protect my safety.

54925459.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the government buries $20,000 under every fifth kilometre of paved road

Where exactly is km 0....I promise I won't tell.

Back on topic...

I don't see what this guy actually did wrong...frankly I hope the case gets thrown out and he counter sues them for all they've got for putting him through this.

Well Toronto police testified that he did not harras these women in any kind of physical or sexual way and he did not even use foul language.

So basically he disagreed with them politically and they took that as harassment.

Apparently they were the ones harrasing him by calling his potential employers (as a freelance desginer) and telling them he is sexist and a woman hater. And one of their supporters supposadly pretended to be a 13 yrs old girl to get him to act like a paedophile which didnt work out.

Again, based on police testimony, he did not harass them.

Criminal harassment does not have to be neither physical or sexual - if that's all what the police could contribute as testimony, obviously they are missing the larger picture. There is more here than meets the eye. If a disagreement was all it takes to charge people and drag them to court, half of GTAM would be in jail by now!!

905e7f8d-1e15-4087-9c0b-028ccad64646_800.jpg

Feminism is not on trial here. Guthrie isn't even on trial here... this is not the howling abyss of the internet, this made it to court somehow. Even if the police arrested Elliott because they didn't like his shoes, there had to be a shred of merit for it to make it this far.

Here's a different question - can Elliott be convicted of criminal harassment, solely for breaking the peace bond?

Then why was he even charged? How did this make it to trial?

I read another article about this, what ended up getting him charged was retweeting one of her posts that had her location in it. She had asked him to stop reading her tweets, and then she tweeted something like "Im at XXX bar with my friends!" and he retweeted that. She claimed she was fearful he was going to show up and hurt her.

Basically this is a trial that will set a precedent on whether how you feel is more important than the actual law or another persons actions. Even if someone has never said anything threatening, done anything threatening, or acted in a threatening way, if you FEEL like theyre a threat to you, they can be charged and go to jail (if this guy is found guilty).

I hope he wins and sues them for slander and harrassment. He lost his job and is all over the news which is ruining his reputation because most sources are painting him in a very negative light. If anyone has actually been harmed here, it is him.

Criminal harassment does not have to be neither physical or sexual - if that's all what the police could contribute as testimony, obviously they are missing the larger picture. There is more here than meets the eye. If a disagreement was all it takes to charge people and drag them to court, half of GTAM would be in jail by now!!

Whats on trial here is what actually constitutes harassment. Does rebroadcasting someone elses public broadcast count as harassment? If you posted "I'm gay" and I quoted your post, would that be harassment? Today, no reasonable person could say yes. If this guy is found guilty, the legal answer would be yes, assuming you FELT harassed by my post.

Back
Top Bottom