Excited to be a new rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

Excited to be a new rider

Hi, I have just finished my M2 course at Learning Curves. They were great! But the only thing I wish they did was let us ride on the road and not just in the parking lot. I am planning to purchase my first bike this weekend. Looking at a Used Kawasaki Ninja 250r 2010. Any suggestions if this is a good started bike? I wanted to get a bike in the beginning of summer but everyone has different opinion on what to get and where to get it. My first thought for my first bike was to buy it at a dealership called VOS Motors. But their bad service made me think twice and made me look into buying the bike at a private sale through kijiji, auto trader, etc. I ended up purchasing all my gear at this great place called ST.ONG RECREATION up in Barrie. They treated me with open arms and made me feel like I was at home. It was worth the drive for good service. I am now hoping to get some riding in before summer ends! Please leave down a message for me with any tips or advice you would recommend a noob like me! Thanks!!

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome to the forum!
Ninja 250 is a great starter bike, but they will be a little more expensive now, mid season.
There may be a member on here selling her cbr125. That might be another option.

Welcome to the forum!
Ninja 250 is a great starter bike, but they will be a little more expensive now, mid season.
There may be a member on here selling her cbr125. That might be another option.

I was riding a cbr125 during the course and I think that bike doesn't have enough power for me to enjoy riding haha. But thank you!

Welcome. How about 500cc bikes? They are great. Try gs500. It is my starter bike and i enjoy it. 2 weeks with almost 1500 km on and doesnt bore me. I already went up north for good curvy roads after 1 week of riding.
Good/cheap on insurance and not too powerfull for a beginner.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Even though i didnt buy from them, Markham Outdoor Power were pretty awesome with me.... if you wanna still give dealers a chance.

Otherwise... get kijiji alerts going and review them daily and maybe you'll find your steed.

As my first bike i have the cb500x, its been 3 months with about 6400km on it and i ADORE IT. Good learner bike but most likely out of your budget (and insurance will be more for those).

A 250 at this time in the season might be the right way to go to give you experience and maybe just switch next season to another one if 250 doesnt feel enough for you

consider any of 500/700cc,Dual sports,Daul sports becuz you will safe $ on insurance..
Yr 2015 u buy 250cc,2016 upgrade to 500cc, 2017 800cc. lot of hassle..

Back
Top Bottom