Muzik night in shooting | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muzik night in shooting

handguns south of the border are very reasonable, look at the Firearms classifieds for AZ . (I live here part time) $300 for a Taurus 38, $700 for a barretta stainless, $400 for an older glock. Its the classified ads by private citizens, you pay cash.
There is not much by way of a paper trail in some states. It does vary state by state, Getting a gun is not expensive or hard.

Joining the public library in Presscott AZ required photo ID, passport, and proof of residency in the county( utility bill) , buying a 12g to shoot clays with my neighbors required 5 mins and my master card.

My understanding is getting US guns into Canada not very hard either.

And you think any of those private sellers would wanna sell to a criminal? Law-abiding gun owners obey the law and don't sell to the criminal element. It's cheaper and easier for a gangbanger to just buy from his usual supplier (the same one who's gonna be getting him ammo anyway) than to pound the pavement hoping that the next classified will feature just another criminal who hasn't been caught yet. Not that the lack of gun availability will actually reduce the homicide rates. The criminal element will just switch to stabbing.

^ bystanders probably prefer stabbings

They're not even a blip on the radar and that's without even comparing them with the number of people who end up being victims due to overly restrictive gun laws.

And you think any of those private sellers would wanna sell to a criminal? Law-abiding gun owners obey the law and don't sell to the criminal element. It's cheaper and easier for a gangbanger to just buy from his usual supplier (the same one who's gonna be getting him ammo anyway) than to pound the pavement hoping that the next classified will feature just another criminal who hasn't been caught yet. Not that the lack of gun availability will actually reduce the homicide rates. The criminal element will just switch to stabbing.

your missing the point of my post, there is no FAC or PAL equivalent required in many states to buy ammo, you don't need a "usual source", you just need a sporting goods store.
and you don't need a permit to buy or own a handgun. If at a dealer your info will be run through the national data base, if at a private seller you just need to look clean cut. Of course law abiding citizens and legitimate owners don't want to sell guns to criminals, What normal guy would?? But you listed a XXX for $300 cash in the classifieds, and the guy texting you has $300. Its that basic.

your missing the point of my post, there is no FAC or PAL equivalent required in many states to buy ammo, you don't need a "usual source", you just need a sporting goods store.
and you don't need a permit to buy or own a handgun. If at a dealer your info will be run through the national data base, if at a private seller you just need to look clean cut. Of course law abiding citizens and legitimate owners don't want to sell guns to criminals, What normal guy would?? But you listed a XXX for $300 cash in the classifieds, and the guy texting you has $300. Its that basic.
I was using my firearms license in the states as ID . Not only did the question what the hell it was, but upon explanation they would laugh their ass off and tell me how stupid they thought it was to be licensed.

there's no reason you should be able to own a hand gun.. period. You can try and defend your "sport" all you wan't but there is no upside to lifting restricted firearm ownership, ban them outright.

there's no reason you should be able to own a hand gun.. period. You can try and defend your "sport" all you wan't but there is no upside to lifting restricted firearm ownership, ban them outright.

Lawful uses of Sidearms (carry) in Canada

• licensed professional trappers,
  • individuals who need protection from wild animals while working at their lawful occupation, most often in a remote wilderness location.

Of course there is no reason to confiscate the Pistols from law abiding citizens ho do enjoy a sport or just want to collect them. Their purchase and ownership is tracked, Any theft reported and the Very movement of these Firearms is restricted to your Home, Gunsmiths clubs or other pre-approved and registered locations.

There simply isn't a problem with legally owned guns being used in crime here. Does it happen? Yes! does it happen enough to warrant taking something away from that lots of people enjoy no. Better control of Firearms in the states however would help reduce gun crime in Canada at least over the long term. But we cant really do anything about another country. I have no issue with the Licensing of Firearm ownership to ensure a minimum safety standard is imparted.

Out of curiosity, what's the lightest and smallest sidearm effective against bears?

I'm not saying it's the best option, but if a Glock can take down a moose, it can take down a bear..
[video=youtube;0h1XlsskYmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h1XlsskYmY[/video]

Glock is a very light and reliable daily carry firearm. Being more of a rifle guy, if I'm not hunting and it was legal, I'd just carry an SBR (short-barreled rifle) in a way that would make a liberal pee his panties :cool:

Thank you for your well-researched argument, well-supported by hard facts. I'm overwhelmingly impressed with the eloquence with which you supported your argument :cool:

Out of curiosity, what's the lightest and smallest sidearm effective against bears?

Bears are not they only animals you need to defend yourself against but a .22 pistol could kill a bear however its more likely you would simply discourage further attack with it.

10mm 9mm semis seem to be the preferred but there is hardly any practical pistol that will be effective against bears unless its a well place shot , Though all could kill or make you a less appealing target.

Long rifle in the preferred method of wildlife protection with the side arm as backup or in a case were you cant carry your rifle for some reason.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's the best option, but if a Glock can take down a moose, it can take down a bear..

Glock is a very light and reliable daily carry firearm. Being more of a rifle guy, if I'm not hunting and it was legal, I'd just carry an SBR (short-barreled rifle) in a way that would make a liberal pee his panties :cool:

Does not even have to take it down can even be used to discourage the attack.

The point is that in Canada there are still trappers and people in wilderness areas who need a sidearm for their Job or survival in remote places. Few and far between these days but its a necessity for them.

This guy is a total idiot . He killed a young moose for no reason . He had many options to avoid shooting the moose . This video was greatly discussed on a gun forum .

Thank you for your well-researched argument, well-supported by hard facts. I'm overwhelmingly impressed with the eloquence with which you supported your argument :cool:

You are most welcome.

I expect you will now take my advice and dispose of your completely pointless collection of personal firearms?

Glad I could help!

This guy is a total idiot . He killed a young moose for no reason . He had many options to avoid shooting the moose . This video was greatly discussed on a gun forum .

I am in no way an an animal lover but that was a completely ****ing pointless kill what a moron, hilarious video to use in context of defending personal firearms.

that's a pretty broad brush to paint with, Glock makes what 7? caliber models, and not all are suitable for big game. And I count 6 shots when that idiot on the sled drives past the relatively small moose, its head was not down. That's a pretty ugly hunting fail right there.

Not to be overly sensitive but that video is, verbatim, your basic white cop on black teen shooting. Some people just need to shoot, I guess.

^ what a ****tard

My observation is many from the gun crowd consider the gun their first line of defense against wild animals. They are lax with known and proven preventive measures to avoid wild animals. They are probably way more trigger happy than someone that's unarmed who would use techniques to avoid a confrontation. I spent over an hour sometimes rigging backpacks up in trees. I encountered bears a few times and it was uneventful. Never had a wild animal touch my food.

I asked about the gun since my GF is uneasy about grizzly bears. From what I read a while ago glocks are useless, even against smaller bears. It can actually escalate the situation by making the bear angrier. Maybe the loud noise could help.

Stop with the broad brush strokes , I'm from the gun crowd and many of us love and enjoy seeing bears. And reading a glock is useless is like reading a Ford vehicles cant get you to work. Glock is just a brand name, not a caliber.
If your GF is nervous, stay out of grizzly territory, have hiking bells, don't cook meat products on the trail and look at the postings at most trail heads where they post bear sightings. DO NOT consider a gun, they are not for you.

Back
Top Bottom