Muzik night in shooting | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muzik night in shooting

Could you elaborate? I thought we were doing fairly well, statistically speaking

I can't be sure of the stats as I have not done any thorough research or anything, but I thought our gun crimes rose since last year. By something like 40% no?

I just thought we were more protected from these kind of crimes. The rise in shootings from last year (in %). Our gun laws being so strict. I just thought that we wouldn't have been this affected by it. I thought our police had a tighter grip on the criminality within our city. It just seems like every single day there is a gun crime or some sort of murder (stabbing). Having loved ones within the city in and around the areas these things are happening is very disconcerting. Also I am sure part of this has to do with the fact that I am getting older and paying more attention to the news. :rolleyes:

I also understand that a lot of it is criminals killing each other but when it gets messy, and these people think they can just do anything they want on shared streets filled with normal law abiding citizens, that's when I start to wonder if there is a shift in thinking with these types. Do they think its just such an easy thing to do nowadays.. are the criminals in the GTA not scared of repercussions? Seems like crime is becoming more brazen than ever.. I suppose that's what is the most alarming.

If they'd learn to shoot there'd be less collateral damage. Emulating your favourite gangsta rapper turned movie star's shooting "style" in the movies is a recipe for disaster.

Gangsta-shooting-600x324.jpg

I can't be sure of the stats as I have not done any thorough research or anything, but I thought our gun crimes rose since last year. By something like 40% no?

I just thought we were more protected from these kind of crimes. The rise in shootings from last year (in %). Our gun laws being so strict. I just thought that we wouldn't have been this affected by it. I thought our police had a tighter grip on the criminality within our city. It just seems like every single day there is a gun crime or some sort of murder (stabbing). Having loved ones within the city in and around the areas these things are happening is very disconcerting. Also I am sure part of this has to do with the fact that I am getting older and paying more attention to the news. :rolleyes:

I also understand that a lot of it is criminals killing each other but when it gets messy, and these people think they can just do anything they want on shared streets filled with normal law abiding citizens, that's when I start to wonder if there is a shift in thinking with these types. Do they think its just such an easy thing to do nowadays.. are the criminals in the GTA not scared of repercussions? Seems like crime is becoming more brazen than ever.. I suppose that's what is the most alarming.

Ah you are right, I just checked, we are at a 3-year high for shootings in the city. Yikes.

I agree with what you have said! Cheers.

If they'd learn to shoot there'd be less collateral damage. Emulating your favourite gangsta rapper turned movie star's shooting "style" in the movies is a recipe for disaster.

>We teach them how to properly shoot
>They acquire the skills necessary to hit their intended targets
>They kill each other off from their great aim
>No more gangstas

>We teach them how to properly shoot
>They acquire the skills necessary to hit their intended targets
>They kill each other off from their great aim
>No more gangstas

> sell Toronto island to some RAP record label
> Use the ferries for delivery of guns and gangstas only, one way
> Ban "urban" language completely from society under threat of death or a ferry ride to the island
> Condos along the waterfront can be rented for a spectacular summit view of knuckle-dragging, gangsta carnage
> Make a seasonal pilgrimage also available for hipsters.

> sell Toronto island to some RAP record label
> Use the ferries for delivery of guns and gangstas only, one way

The property is too valuable. Better idea is a 100'L x50'W x 20'H cinderblock thunderdome at Downsview. 2 walk in. 1 (or less) walks out. The way they shoot, ammo vending machines inside might be a good idea.

oddly that's why my RCMP friend who was on the mafia task force when we were having a bit of bother in T.O. had respect for the Italian way of being fairly clean about a hit, not usually in front of family or kids and only the victim gets wacked.
This newer thug style is very sloppy and reeks of amateurism.

Not like the good old days. No respect anymore.

I think we should close down all GTA gun ranges and gun stores. If the law-abiding citizens don't have guns and places where they can shoot them, then the gangstazzz will surely stop killing each other!!!

I think we should close down all GTA gun ranges and gun stores. If the law-abiding citizens don't have guns and places where they can shoot them, then the gangstazzz will surely stop killing each other!!!
Amazing how looking at that in writing it's obvious how ridiculous that line of thinking is, yet those in charge won't see something so obvious.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Amazing how looking at that in writing it's obvious how ridiculous that line of thinking is, yet those in charge won't see something so obvious.

Well, when those in charge start talking about tougher gun control, they are pretty short on detail on how they'll take guns away from the criminal element.

Well, when those in charge start talking about tougher gun control, they are pretty short on detail on how they'll take guns away from the criminal element.
I haven't been very good at making myself clear lately, sorry. I was agreeing with your statement.
Because we all know criminals buy guns on record and register them.

I haven't been very good at making myself clear lately, sorry. I was agreeing with your statement.
Because we all know criminals buy guns on record and register them.

You were quite clear.. I was just expanding on that point :)

How much detail is needed? In a gun happy country like the USA any two bit thug can access a gun for cheap anytime. In Canada the street price is much higher and it's harder to access. In a country that's even more restrictive it's that much harder again to buy a gun on the street. One could plot a nice little graph with that type of info. Will criminals always find a way to access guns? Of course.

How much detail is needed? In a gun happy country like the USA any two bit thug can access a gun for cheap anytime. In Canada the street price is much higher and it's harder to access. In a country that's even more restrictive it's that much harder again to buy a gun on the street. One could plot a nice little graph with that type of info. Will criminals always find a way to access guns? Of course.

A clean gun is still worth a couple of G's on the black market south of the border. You'll also find the homicide rates south of the border to be highly dependent on the socioeconomic factors. In areas with Scandinavian standard of living, you'll get Scandinavian homicide rates. In areas where you have Third World standard of living, you'll get Third World homicide rates. They'll be similar to the homicide rates in other areas of the world with similar socioeconomic factors but (needless to say) a lot smaller rate of gun ownership and they'll heavily skew the national average.

The kind of criminals we're talking about require clean guns? You can spin the gun thing however you need, I know you're in the sport.

The kind of criminals we're talking about require clean guns? You can spin the gun thing however you need, I know you're in the sport.
iirc "clean gun" will refer to a weapon that was not used in a previous crime/ incident.

He never said a clean gun was required by criminals. The only spin on guns I see is when they target law abiding people thinking it effects criminals..... Actually it does effect criminals, makes for easier victims.

He never said a clean gun was required by criminals. The only spin on guns I see is when they target law abiding people thinking it effects criminals..... Actually it does effect criminals, makes for easier victims.

I never said he said clean guns are required by criminals I asked if the kind of criminals we're talking about here require clean guns because he mentioned the high cost of clean guns as an example of my failure in logic.

I never said he said clean guns are required by criminals I asked if the kind of criminals we're talking about here require clean guns because he mentioned the high cost of clean guns as an example of my failure in logic.

They don't require clean guns, but those command a couple of thousands of dollars on the black market south of the border. They are usually imported from China or the Philippines, which is about 4-5x the retail price of a low-end version of the gun in question. Once they get tagged in the system, they end up costing a bit more than retail, which is about as much as they cost here in Canada (I know because a person with questionable legal record made me an offer I could and did refuse a few years ago). Street prices for a dirty gun are on the par with retail. Once they get too dirty for use in North America, they make their way down to South America, from country to country, becoming "clean" every time they cross a border (other than the US-Canada border). The process is quite fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom