My ankle ****ed itself up!!?!? | GTAMotorcycle.com

My ankle ****ed itself up!!?!?

DJ-RK

Had the weirdest **** happen to me last night. I was literally sitting down when it happened, and suddenly had a sharp pain come on in my ankle (kinda like the type of pain that feels like a joint needs to be cracked, or like a sprain) and it hasn't left since. It was actually pretty awful this morning, walking down the 3 flights of stairs to get to my bike was excruciatingly painful. It's not quite as bad now, but definitely still present. The pain is mostly in my Achilles tendon area. Been keeping off it for the most part, and rotating my ankle around in mid air in hopes of something popping/cracking and feeling better, but no go. Anyone have the slightest clue WTF it could be? I didn't put any stress on it yesterday or the day before. Saturday I was at Veld, so some dancing then on uneven ground, but doubt it would bite me in the *** 2 days later. Worst thing is that the timing sucks, I got a double header for baseball tonight and don't think I'll be able to play since I'm sure I'll have to stay off it. Also, has anyone else have their body just suddenly say **** you and commit seppuku on itself? :lmao:

Most times the origin of the problem is not on the spot where you are getting the pain, it could be a lower back issue that is transmitting down to your leg. I would try doing some exercises to relax and stretch your lower back (youtube is your friend)

This is a good one for example (sans the short shorts)

cv13j.gif

Most times the origin of the problem is not on the spot where you are getting the pain, it could be a lower back issue that is transmitting down to your leg. I would try doing some exercises to relax and stretch your lower back (youtube is your friend)

This is a good one for example (sans the short shorts)

cv13j.gif

Good call. Hadn't really thought of that due to how sudden and acute the pain was, but I do have a history of lower back problems so I'll definitely have a good stretch session later. Does it have to be san short shorts though? That's my favourite part! :p

What if two weeks later it gets worse and you go to a doctor who says "If you came to me ten days ago we could have saved your leg. Here's your handicap sticker." Go see a doctor.

Sounds like you got the gout.

*I in no way have any medical training or knowledge of any sort on anything medical related, but I know a guy who had gout once, i think it was his ankles hurt*

+1 on gout that was my thoughts too. Had it a couple of times in my late 20's and early 30's. Too much beer and red meat.

+1 on gout that was my thoughts too. Had it a couple of times in my late 20's and early 30's. Too much beer and red meat.

I too had one gout "attack", pain in my right ankle was excruciating. I went to the hospital same night, couldn't bear it anymore.

Lol. Yeah, I'll hopefully be going to see a doctor today. Just thought it would be interesting to hear what some of y'all would have to say while I was stuck at work yesterday. Didn't really think it was serious enough to see a doctor at first, but going onto day 2 had me inclined to, and now that some of you have mentioned gout (which I was warned I would be at potential risk of about 5 years ago) that gives me even further incentive. So thanks for the non-professional medical advice.

I thought gout was a chronic illness. Not something you get a "couple times". The two guys at work that have it have had it for years with no signs of it clearing up. Of course they have days that are better than others.

Doctor was useless. I made the mistake of saying it felt a little bit better than the first day, so he dismissed it as a non-issue. He was pretty confident it wasn't gout, though, as there was no signs of redness or swelling. Of course a day later the pain came back even worse. Went to my physiotherapist this week and he suggested it might be Achilles tendonitis. This is just one of many recent injuries / maladies I'm facing in my lower region, which likely seem to be interconnected, so we have a treatment plan going to try to resolve it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom