Plating and Safety.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Plating and Safety..

V

verity

Purchased the bike and changed title awhile ago. I did present the safety certificate at that time.

NO, the bike has not been ridden but I would like to start doing so.

Do I need another safety certificate? Or can a new owner simply take the ownership and the insurance documentation to register for plates?

Thanks,

Last edited:
How long ago was it? A safety certificate is good for 36 days. You may want to talk to the shop that issued you the certificate if it's expired, renewing it may be more convenient than you think.

Otherwise no, registering a bike unplated requires a safety for replating, whether or not you presented a safety at the time

Does your current ownership say "fit" or "unfit" at the top? If it was already registered as fit, just take in proof of insurance and request a plate.

If when you registered it and they issued the ownership as unplated but it says fit on the top of the ownership then all you need to do is go in and request plates. If they registered it as Unfit then you need a new safety.

I deal with MTO all the time registering vehicles for my business and the fact you did not plate it means nothing. As long as when you registered it in your name and they took the safety and branded the vehicle fit but unplated that means you can request plates at any time at a later date without another safety.

Last edited:
If when you registered it and they issued the ownership as unplated but it says fit on the top of the ownership then all you need to do is go in and request plates. If they registered it as Unfit then you need a new safety.

I deal with MTO all the time registering vehicles for my business and the fact you did not plate it means nothing. As long as when you registered it in your name and they took the safety and branded the vehicle fit but unplated that means you can request plates at any time at a later date without another safety.

Great! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom