The Official Election Thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Election Thread

cbcanada

Banned
ec1aff137d13e5b8599fcccd1a18e38c.jpg

Are you voting?
If so why?
Do you believe who ever wins will do better then the last clown?
What say you Gtam?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I predict the liar will get in.

"It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it"

They say the ndp has areal chance to win this time

makes sense...Harper = megalomaniac, Trudeau = rich, entitled, but a bit dim and probably dangerous twat. Leaves Mulcair.....who has a hipster beard.

It is kind of funny how nearly every Conservative attack ad right now is directed at Trudeau, but the Liberals are polling by far 3rd place...

I'm generally a right-leaning conservative sort of person, but I could definitely put up with a NDP minority government for a couple/few years if it means getting Harper and his Reform-era ilk tossed to the curb.

They say the ndp has areal chance to win this time

I think you are on to something here. Mulcair is a very intelligent and articulate leader. He has the steak of Harper but more sizzle. However, he is not the populist that Jack Layton was. Will be interesting to see if he can connect to voters like Layton could. Trudeau is all sizzle and little steak but lately his and the Liberal's popularity are eroding. That first debate is going to be crucial to the Liberal's success. If Justin fares well and holds his own and can articulate the Liberal's vision then they can make up some of their recently lost ground. If he falters in that first debate then it might be Harper versus Mulcair for the rest of the "race".

I think we need to move this country back to the left. The "Conservatives" are really a re-branded Reform party. When the Reform Party and the Progressive Conservatives merged I was hopeful that enough Progressive Conservative could survive and exist in the newly merged party. Sadly, time has shown that the Conservatives are a bunch of NeoCons who play to their Alberta base. The censorship, lack of art funding, control of scientific research etc has gone way too far. Then there is C-51. Trudeau has taken the wrong tack and has not distanced himself enough from the Conservatives' boneheaded policies. It has been the NDP which has actually been a voice of opposition.

At this point the NDP has my vote as well as my wife's (we do not always vote the same way). It is Mulcair's vote to lose and Trudeau has a lot of work to do before I would consider voting for him and the Liberals. I wonder how many people feel the same way I do?

Probably many. I'm thinking it's the NDP's to loose too. Realistically, can they screw it up any more than the rest? Might as well give them a shot.

I absolutely hate the direction Harper has been taking Canada. Time for a change.

Interesting idea on the Washington Post (for the USA election, but it works here too): Instead of debates, let’s test the candidates with a simulated terrorist attack or banking crisis or massive cyber attack.

"Want to be president? Show us how you’d handle a disaster" - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...fa4d8e-315c-11e5-97ae-30a30cca95d7_story.html

"Some argue that debates are worthwhile because they provide unscripted moments that help reveal a candidate’s personality. But really, beyond the occasional flub, they don’t.

And we already get a good sense of which candidates can speak well and lay out a clear vision through the hundreds of speeches and interviews they give. The debates don’t add to this knowledge.

Candidates may have plans for what they’d like to accomplish in office, but in the words of Mike Tyson, “Everybody’s got a plan until they get hit in the mouth.” We want to know what happens when a candidate gets hit in the mouth.
"

Last edited:
After seeing what Libs have done to Ontario i am positively terrified of Justin getting into power. To some extent Ontario is still reeling from NDP being in power in the 90s, why would we risk NDP on the federal level? we shall see what they do in Alberta. That unfortunately leaves Cons.

Im provably gonna spoil my vote.

Te provincial ndp were unlucky to get elected when a world-wide recession happened. You can hardly blame them for that.

What does the Conservative party even stand for? All I see is attack ads and 0 of their political platform.

6c85cc2905c55297265088c710a97a4f.jpg

Interesting. So tell me how you feel Cons handled the 2008 recession. Id say we fared extremely well during the last 7 years because we had Cons in power. why are you letting NDP scate due to being in power during recession while showing zero praise for how the governement handles whats is now considered the worst recession since the 1929 stock market crash?

Te provincial ndp were unlucky to get elected when a world-wide recession happened. You can hardly blame them for that.

What does the Conservative party even stand for? All I see is attack ads and 0 of their political platform.

This.

Back
Top Bottom