Your Thoughts on Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your Thoughts on Insurance

shadowelement

Hello, I have been shopping around for insurances and the best I got for 250cc from Statefarm was 160 monthly. I am 24 and had my G1 for over 5 years, is this a good price to pay? OR should I try different Insurance companies, if so - which ones? I have my M2 for less than 1 week.

Sorry if this is a repetitive thread, I wanted to be specific.

p.s TD quoted me for 4000

Hello, I have been shopping around for insurances and the best I got for 250cc from Statefarm was 160 monthly. I am 24 and had my G1 for over 5 years, is this a good price to pay? OR should I try different Insurance companies, if so - which ones? I have my M2 for less than 1 week.

Sorry if this is a repetitive thread, I wanted to be specific.

p.s TD quoted me for 4000

Seems about right...At 24 I paid $210 with a couple tickets now at 25 and a single ticket it dropped to $85.

The best price I got was also from SF.

what they look at is the date from when you were FIRST licensed and it must be a minimum of 5 years. Not how LONG you had your G1 for, I think you could only have your G1 for a year to year and a half anyways.

But yea, just wait until next season it will be significantly cheaper, summer is half done now anyways.

It does not hurt to try other companies, why not phone and get a bunch of quotes? It is always high when you start with bike insurance, but goes down in time with a clean record.

Try calling DesJardin, I'm paying ~$80/mth

Brampton / Male / 24 / 250cc / GM license / no tix & accidents

I am in my 60s. I didn't start riding until I was in my 40s.
From my union before I retired we had access to group insurance.
MY house, car and motorcycle come to just under $200 per month.
As a general rule, if you insure everything with the same company you get discounts.

I am in my 60s...we had access to group insurance.
MY house, car and motorcycle come to just under $200 per month.
As a general rule, if you insure everything with the same company you get discounts.

Yes, but how much did you pay for your bike and what bike do you have? Premiums are all over the map.

ins here is a rip, can get for 100 bux in the states

Yep you can get it for $100 in the US IF you ove in the US and look at the coverages in those policies. Think I will stick with what I have even though the benfits have dropped dramtically of late in Ontario they are still WAY ahead of most US policies.

Back
Top Bottom