Partial Explanation as to Why Ontario MC Insurance is so high | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Partial Explanation as to Why Ontario MC Insurance is so high

I just have a hard time with that rebuttal letter just based on personal experience.

Our company had an office in Burbank and a few years ago I used to be down there 2 weeks a month. I bought a bike locally to give me something to do on the weekends.

My insurance premium in Ontario at the time was around $1050 with Primmum. That was for damage, theft, $1MM liability and $3500 lifetime for minor injury.

For the same size and year of bike in LA I was paying just over $300 with Geico for damage, theft, $4MM liability and $4MM for minor injury. Had i just taken the basic coverage to get me on the road, it would have been about $65 a year.

I have the stats somewhere and I can dig them out and post but there are more motorcycle accidents in CA that in the whole of Canada, there are more deaths from those accidents, and you can ride a motorcycle 12 months a year in CA compared to 6 in Canada so in theory you are twice as likely to get into an accident. Healthcare costs in CA are insanely stupid and spiralling out of control and everyone is so litigious so even on a minor fender bender you are probably going to be sued.

I just struggle with the fact that I had to pay 3 to 4 times more in Ontario for much less coverage.

Back
Top Bottom