Israel Gay Pride 6 Stabbed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Israel Gay Pride 6 Stabbed

He actually did 10 years initially which is most likely way more than he would do here.
... And I'm sure that now, after the girl died, he will never get out again, which is not what would happen in Ontario.

Agreed...

Tim McLean was horribly beheaded on a Greyhound Bus and Vince Weiguang Li was just released on May 8th. Anyone feel safe with this guy loose?

How about poor Brian Smith? I met him several times at Ottawa 67 games back in the early 1980s. Guy was a complete gentleman. Taken out by Jeffrey Arenburg and this guy is a loose cannon in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia and is not taking his meds for his
schizophrenia. When is he going to strike next? He struck an American Customs official not that long ago.

Not surprising that the nutbar in Israel was out. Society does not know what to do with people with severe mental illness. We deinstitutionalized a few decades ago with little to no oversight once these folks were thrust out into society. We have been doing band aid approaches since with ill effects. There is a good Frontline episode called "The New Asylums" which investigates this well:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/asylums/

Edit: Apparently the filmmakers who made The New Asylums have followed this up with a new one called The Release which deals with what happens to those with mental illness when they leave the American Penal System. I will watch this as it is apropos to the discussion.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/released/

Last edited:
He actually did 10 years initially which is most likely way more than he would do here.
... And I'm sure that now, after the girl died, he will never get out again, which is not what would happen in Ontario.

Yea you are right.. 10 years damn. That's all you get for trying to kill 3 people ? Wow !

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Yea you are right.. 10 years damn. That's all you get for trying to kill 3 people ? Wow !

Not sure if you are serious or not. 10 years is pretty light to me for trying to kill 3 people.

Agreed...

Tim McLean was horribly beheaded on a Greyhound Bus and Vince Weiguang Li was just released on May 8th. Anyone feel safe with this guy loose?

Society does not know what to do with people with severe mental illness. We deinstitutionalized a few decades ago with little to no oversight once these folks were thrust out into society.

A schizophrenic family friend died a few years ago and they found a grocery bag of his meds under his bed. That is basically the problem. Once on meds the schizo feels cured, stops taking the meds and reverts to hearing voices and conspiracies.

If we locked up everyone with a mental disorder we wouldn't have enough people on the outside to man the gates. The death toll from texters is far worse than schizos so why not lock the texters up for life? How about drunk drivers?

I'm not talking about going soft on people with the potential to kill. High risk schizos should have meds irreversibly administered. No pills spat out or flushed down the toilet.

What about the guy that murdered his wife while sleep-walking? He got off. IMO if you have the potential to murder in your sleep you sleep in jail and get released in the morning so you can work, visit family, contribute to society and pay your room and board.

Not sure if you are serious or not. 10 years is pretty light to me for trying to kill 3 people.

That's what I meant. I am saying he should have got the chair.

What's the difference between killing some one and trying to kill them?

The fact that you f'ed up

I wonder how a gay parade in Afghanistan would turn out?

Afghanistan doesnt claim on a daily basis to be the only true democracy in the region and putting itself morally above all other countries in the middle east like Israeli government does.

Back
Top Bottom