good photography spots in southern ontario Niagara Region | GTAMotorcycle.com

good photography spots in southern ontario Niagara Region

jefflohnes

i am just geting started on my bike and want a good place to take photos could you guys post photos of your bikes in cool spots in the niagara region and tell me where they are, Thanks!

Anywhere the Bruce Trail goes.

Balls Falls
Beamer Falls
Decew Falls / Morningstar Mill
NOTL
Niagara Parkway
Ridge Rd
Caledonia
Dunnville

Dufferin Islands in Niagara Falls

Chippewa creek

Crystal Beach - Erie Road past the Buffalo Canoe Club Tuesday, sorry bike not included in shot.
11796364_698747993602222_2575480129535874913_n.jpg

Lakeshore near Charles Daley Park last year

10006991_10152489092681346_3795195808662751883_n.jpg

Port Dalhousie - Monday, no bike at the beach.

11751775_698747456935609_5468824185445298412_n.jpg

Lastly, down at the docks.......

11224816_10153292933266346_2554246236189726488_n.jpg

Sorry, I just snap pics from the phone occasionally.

Close to RTI Polson St area. Look for the boardwalk and it's all good. Then take a ride up to the distillery district for nice eats and cold beverages.

Also, back in the Niagara area, there are spots along the canal you can get a nice shot with the bike. I typically don't try to snap pics with the bike.

1013504_10151703146066346_1561800420_n.jpg

Last edited:
If it's Niagara you're looking for, there's a neat war memorial monument along the Niagara Parkway, just by the US border crossing, near Old Fort Erie. Plus the ride along the Parkway is wonderful. Two lane road, empty of traffic, follows the water the whole way.

St. Mary's Quarry is unique. It's inland and north of Port Dover.

If you're in the K-W area, there's the West Montrose covered bridge. Last one still standing in Ontario.

If you're a fan of architecture and design one thing many people don't realize is that Ontario has a really unique and culturally definitive style of public buildings built in the earlier-to-mid 1900's. Very distinctive in their form and even have examples of unique fonts that were created just for that use that were never continued. These can often be found in smaller towns, out of the way areas and are pretty much unknown to most. Includes power stations, lock buildings (the canal kind), monuments, etc.

If you've never seen it, the Eastern Gatehouse of Algonquin Park on Hwy 60 is stunning in a Frank Lloyd Wright kind of way, plus the ride through full length of the park is not to be missed.

Sorry, no pics, all were lost in a smartphone accident... :(

9de30b8664e47894a05e5bbdaac7923e.jpg

Crap pic but you get the idea.

There are some pretty cool spots along niagara. Start in port dalhousie, old niagara on the lake and carry on all the way to Fort Erie along niagara parkway.

i am just geting started on my bike and want a good place to take photos could you guys post photos of your bikes in cool spots in the niagara region and tell me where they are, Thanks!

OP, finding places to take pictures of your bike is a bit like an Easter egg hunt. It's more fun if you find your own.

I assume you live in the Niagara area which is more photogenic than most parts of the province. You have a bike and finding your own spots will let you use the bike and camera. The beauty of digital is that you can take thousands of shots for the cost of a few electrons where film could be a buck a shot. Delete the bad stuff.

Buy a photography book and get an idea of how to best frame your bike, pick shadows, colour etc. Better still join a camera club and learn. A good photographer could take a picture of a dead cow and get rave reviews for it.

OP, finding places to take pictures of your bike is a bit like an Easter egg hunt. It's more fun if you find your own.
Ahh, that makes my lack of specific detail perfect! when the family had a few days together this year, we drove to different waterfalls in the Hamilton/Dundas/Ancaster area. Not all of them will be suitable as a backdrop, but because of the locations of the falls you'll probably find some great spots in between stops as well. Just google Hamilton waterfalls, and you'll see great images pop up. Here's a guide to where they are and which ones to see: http://www.waterfalls.hamilton.ca/

Sydenham drive in Dundas, overlooks the valley.
Lots of waterfalls around, but they suck now that they charge a fortune to park and they gated off some of them after some idiots fell off and sued the city.

The covered bridge by KW is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be there myself in about 10 hours from now... :)

The nicest way in is via Middlebrook Road/Township Rd 62 from Elora. Very nice stretch of country road that's a treat to ride.

Last edited:
I'm not really a Harley guy but I really like that. Do you have any more details on it?

Delboy,

The bike on the left is my buddy's 883 Iron Sportster with a ton of accessories. Factory upgraded dark blue metal flake paint, full exhaust, air cleaner, clip on bars, leather spring seat, lowered suspension etc.

It's a great looking bike.

Just not my cup of tea.

My bike on the right is better suited for longer road trips. Just doesn't get the looks.

1200 engine, twin disc front rotors, 4.5 gallon fuel tank, suspension upgrades for two up touring and better handling etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom